Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: should i try to fix it, or leave it like, it is??

Default should i try to fix it, or leave it like, it is??
    hi guys my iphone 3gnow have a cracked screen in the upper right part where the battery icon goes.
    my question here is that should i try to fix or leave it like it is.???
    it works perfectly, is more sensitive that my wifes 2g counterpart (even in the part that is cracked)
    i found several guides and people near me (craiglist)that are willing to do it for 110 dls. they states to use oem apple parts.But how do i proof this??? i dont want to loose my great sensitive screen for a cheap nock off(is there a part number or serial i can look up to proof is really an apple part??)

thxs in advance
    jaas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3nd3k23o9zzzzzzzzz9374def0d620f6d16cd.jpg  

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If it doesnt bug you, then leave it.

Otherwise, the glass/digitizer part can be bought from ebay for less than $30 (is like the original, I have used many - you wouldnt know the difference) and you will need adhesive made for it costs around $6. IMO its not hard to replace, but I do that kinda stuff all the time.

one of my concerns is that part of the revolution of the iphone is that recognizes 2 touch at the same time. i dont want to loose that property onf the screen.
    it doesnt really bug that much me to have the cracked screen but still bugs me a little.

thxs again for your time
    jaas

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Either leave it or pay someone to do it.Last thing you wanna do disassemble it and not be able to fix it.
    I would pay someone and fix it if i were you.Because i know it would bother me.