Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G digitizer reliability compared to 2G

Default 3G digitizer reliability compared to 2G
    i had a iphone 8gb 2g for a long time. After i dropped the phone one drunken night and broke the digitizer, i replaced it and the lcd. That lasted me quite a while until the other week when i dropped it again and the new screen/digitizer stopped working.

now does the 3G have better durability? has anyone had a 2G, experienced what i have, switched to a 3G and still dropped it? has the digitizer survived?. I guess what i'm saying is... are they more prone to survive a drop as compared to earlier iphone models?

bump
    Last edited by byransays; 03-14-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same thing, if you drop it theres a decent chance its gonna break. Dont drop it.

However, on the 3g the glass/digitizer is a separate part from the LCD and can be bought for about $30.

And for the whole phone.....the 2g is more durable than the 3g.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

byransays (03-14-2009)

okay, next question.

can someone recommend a casing that they use that when the phone drops it acts as a shock absorber that has helped their screen from becoming damaged?

That kinda depends on how much bulk you want in a case. Otterbox makes the tank of cases, but its bulky.