+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question - What to do about dust under screen?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If I've got dust particles under my screen, can I get it swapped for a new one? If so, what's the preferred method for taking care of this? * 16
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Quick question - What to do about dust under screen?
    If I've got dust particles under my screen, can I get it swapped for a new one? If so, what's the preferred method for taking care of this?

* 16 GB iPhone 3G purchased from Best Buy on 10/17/08

Thanks

I just swapped out my 3G yesterday at the Apple Store for the same issue. They gave me a new one with no problems.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houls View Post
    I just swapped out my 3G yesterday at the Apple Store for the same issue. They gave me a new one with no problems.
    A new one? not refurb?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spikedfo View Post
    A new one? not refurb?
    no way to really tell the difference.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I returned mine for the same issue, only 2 specs of dust,
    first call apple and they tell you dust should not be getting under the screen, make an appointment at the genuis bar, and show them, I did it 2 months after buying my 3g and they swapped it straight away, with a phone from a brown box, i asked if it was refurbished and he told me that none of them are refirbished,
    It was new condition not a mark, and ive had no problems with it, and Id say that its actually better build quality than the one i swapped, as this other one i got, the glass screen is flush with the chrome bezzel all the way round where as my previous phone wasnt, it was flush at one side and lower on the other, maybe this is what caused dust to get in, or maybe it was during the build process.

Just examine it when you swap it, the apple genuis told me there not refurbs as no one has ever owned it so god knows where they come from, my faulty phone also had dead/stuck pixels, but they swapped it for the dust alone.

I returned mine for the same issue, only 2 specs of dust,
    first call apple and they tell you dust should not be getting under the screen, make an appointment at the genuis bar, and show them, I did it 2 months after buying my 3g and they swapped it straight away, with a phone from a brown box, i asked if it was refurbished and he told me that none of them are refirbished,
    It was new condition not a mark, and ive had no problems with it, and Id say that its actually better build quality than the one i swapped, as this other one i got, the glass screen is flush with the chrome bezzel all the way round where as my previous phone wasnt, it was flush at one side and lower on the other, maybe this is what caused dust to get in, or maybe it was during the build process.

Just examine it when you swap it, the apple genuis told me there not refurbs as no one has ever owned it so god knows where they come from, my faulty phone also had dead/stuck pixels, but they swapped it for the dust alone.

my splelling is crap i know.
    Last edited by daveeeed; 03-09-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost