+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade to high capacity 1800mAh?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Always pissed off about my battery life, as I understand it the iPhone (1st Gen) has a 1400mAh battery inside. I came across this website that sells 1500, and this
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Upgrade to high capacity 1800mAh?
    Always pissed off about my battery life, as I understand it the iPhone (1st Gen) has a 1400mAh battery inside. I came across this website that sells 1500, and this other one that sells 1800mAh.I'm looking to buy the 1800 because that's almost 29% battery life capacity increase, maybe another 15 mins LOL.

Has anyone here ever successfully upgraded to a higher capacity iPhone battery, or have any type of advice.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

3g = easy as pie.

2g = dangerous if you dont know what your doing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default hmm
    Can you explain a bit why the 2g is dangerous?

Green Apple
    Thanks

you have to de-solder the connections, and then resolder the battery, but making sure not to bridge connections(Li-Ion batterys explode)

yeah, im doing this next week when my battery comes in....but im just gonna snip the wires and solder the wires instead of de-soldering from the board

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What sites are you looking at?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhruvmalik's Avatar
    Thanks

I just replaced mine (2g), noticed a difference. I didnt change it with an 1800mah battery, just a replacement form ipodjuice.com. To start off, it me say that its scary but not impossible. Make sure you take your time and if you ever come to a road block, start off with step one. be careful taking off the back antenna cover, once thats removed, tape the back cover and take your time prying out the back case. once thats out its easy, just remove the glue off the solder beads, de-solder the old batt terminals and solder the new ones. Make sure you charge the battery fully before using it. Then make sure you discharge it fully. This will calibrate the iphone. (according to ipod juice). Hope this helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the 1800mAh battery is from repairsuniverse. I watched one of their youtube how-to videos, the guy sounded like he was from the UK. Apparently for $14.99, I can get a 1800mAh battery AND the replacement kit.

can anyone confirm repairsuniverse to be a reputable business?