Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You cant feel the apple at all. The color is very deep.

And on ebay their $20.

The ecaseshop kits come with more....but its crap you wont use. Like a plastic bezel (boo).

The ebay kits are just the housing and sim tray. Thats all you need or want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

i didn't know it was a plastic bezel that's half-*** of them considering how nicely painted the housing looks. i did find one on eBay tho i'm probably gonna buy it's red tho i want blue dang it. and i love that the apple is the same. i will put a Bodygaurdz on mine when it comes in. i've tried pretty much all the other skins out there iWrap, InvisibleShield, you know and i really like my BodyGaurdz thingy. you are really helpful tho for real thanks!

Thanks

Dude, you gotta learn how to search better, lol.

Search "blue iphone 3g housing" and a bunch will come up. I just tried it.

And im a Zagg fan. Have tried others....mostly cause the invisible shield doesnt seem to catch all the "fuzzies" around the edges that I cant stand.

Thanks

yup thats true but my 1st gen felt too sticky with ZAGG and my iWrap scratched when i squeegeed out the solution.haha so so far i'm liking this Bodygaurdz plus it came with two. now im getting off subject.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

cpjr.

atm I have my white iphone 3g 16gb sitting apart on my desk.

it is waiting on a big fix.

new screen, digitizer, vibration motor, new battery, home button flex and sim ejector.

the white case is truly scratched and has has a crack in it and the sim tray is broken.

I am keen on gettin the gold case from ecaseshop but would you know of a place where I could maybe get a higher quality case?

I don't mind on the price of it.

I have also bought the ZAGG invisible shield to protect my new case from getting scratched

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD FULL BODY FOR NEW APPLE iPHONE 3G - eBay, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs. (end time 18-Mar-09 11:12:27 AEDST)

so yea my main question is do you know of any other place with higher quality 3g cases, I'm looking at gold.

cheers

Thanks

cpjr.

atm I have my white iphone 3g 16gb sitting apart on my desk.

it is waiting on a big fix.

new screen, digitizer, vibration motor, new battery, home button flex and sim ejector.

the white case is truly scratched and has has a crack in it and the sim tray is broken.

I am keen on gettin the gold case from ecaseshop but would you know of a place where I could maybe get a higher quality case?

I don't mind on the price of it.

I have also bought the ZAGG invisible shield to protect my new case from getting scratched

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD FULL BODY FOR NEW APPLE iPHONE 3G - eBay, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs. (end time 18-Mar-09 11:12:27 AEDST)

so yea my main question is do you know of any other place with higher quality 3g cases, I'm looking at gold.

cheers
    just thought you might want to check here if you want quality OEM...
    IPHONE-16GB-WHT iPhone 3G Rear Panel w/o Internal Parts (16GB White), Apple Mac and iPod Accessories

or here...
    WHITE APPLE iPHONE 3G OEM 16GB BACK REAR HOUSING COVER* - eBay (item 390001778655 end time Mar-15-09 06:40:51 PDT)

Thanks

hey there thanks, but can you get quality like that but in gold?

Thanks

^No.

To get quality like OEM...you have to buy OEM, so your stuck with white or black.

All the aftermarket housings come from hong kong...and they are all the same. About a 8/10.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Just bought a red case from ecaseshop, they said itll be here in 7-10 days. Im nervous but excited to swap out the housing!
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

hey i just bought one too not even 15 minutes ago.from eBay tho. this will be my first time taking apart my 3G. i've taken apart my 1st Gen b4 and from the looks of it and all the videos i watched on YouTube before ordering, it seams some what easier. i'll be sure to post how it went cuz if turns out that i can do it then i know ANYONE can do it. i'm still nervous but i can't wait to see how cool it looks i know the pictures don't do justice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    i'll be sure to post how it went cuz if turns out that i can do it then i know ANYONE can do it.
    Me too lol, i tried changing the housing on an old Razr V3i like 3 years ago and it turned out horribly, i just hope this time works out better lol
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

I ordered my gold case from ecaseshop the other day.

I've also ordered the ZAGG Invisibleshield to protect it.

Do you think once I put the shield on, you wont be able to feel the diff from it even if it was OEM? seeing as it's covering the whole thing.

And would the ZAGG stick on the after market case or would it peel off?

Thanks

^ in my opinion if you want "grip" ZAGG is the way to go but i have ZAGG on one of my iPhones and one of my ipod video's and it does the same grippy feeling thing on both.some people like it some people don't.. i'm talkin not sticky enough to get stuck in your pocket or catch lint but it's enough to set it on a vertical piece of glass and it WON'T fall off for a few seconds maybe even minutes. plus i've noticed it has more off an "orange peel" look to it after it's applied. for example it's kinda ripply...KINDA!! i finally found my favorite tho was BodyGaurdz mainly cuz it comes with two for the price of one invisible shield and it's not grippy at all it's just as slippery as if it wasn't on there (i like that feeling) and it don't have as much "orange peel" look to it. but again this is all in my opinion i do like how ZAGG covered the corners on my 1st Gen tho and the grip did protect me from dropping it a few times but the whole reason i bought my 3G is because the way it looked besides the 3G data of course. once this red case comes in its getting the other Bodygaurdz i got right out of the package. haha.oh and to answer your original question: i'm pretty sure it'll stick regaurdless the plastic type. i've used the scraps of my iWrap, ZAGG, and others to cover some pretty interesting things around the house like the chorme buttons on my laptop and other little things like that. so i think you should be good

@Bernie-Mac
    At least you have some experience with little parts on little gadgets i just wish i had littler hands i think it'll be good though. i know if theres any problems i can find all the help i may need here on this site.
    Last edited by gomer713; 03-02-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    @Bernie-Mac
    At least you have some experience with little parts on little gadgets i just wish i had littler hands i think it'll be good though. i know if theres any problems i can find all the help i may need here on this site.
    I wouldnt exactly call it experience . Opening up my razr i tore a flex cable and my screen was permanently disconnected. All i know from that experience is to be very careful and take as much time as you need, dont force anything at all.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

I have a Zagg on mine (so I dont use a case, cause that would defeat the purpose) and it feels great.

Its a pain to align the bezel to the housing perfectly cause its not oem...so the Zagg covers what little difference I have left. Other than a little misalignment....the housing feels just like oem though.

And....if your not sure about something while doing it.....dont guess. Pm me if you have a question. I have seen a couple members trash their phones.

Thanks

ok thanks for that guys, will let you know how it goes when it comes

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks so complicated. ><

Thanks

anyone know where I could find just the 24 carat back for the iphone? like this site.

24K Gold iPhone 3G | LiVe LiFe To The FuLL

I've seen places where you can send it in and they do it for you, but does anyone know where you can just buy the part and do it yourself?

Why?
    24K gold is amazingly unsuitable for something like this.
    Personally, I could think of nothing worse, but if you must, have you thought of gold plating?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

well i think it looks alright and i was trying to look for already made gold plated 24 carat ones like i've seen, cause it still has the logo etc so it looks proper

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast