Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

great work.. thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopstnz8 View Post
    Hey guys look what I found. Looks like OEM quality to me, plus it includes most of the parts already in the housing, with the exception of the camera, logic board, and screen assembly. A little pricy, but probably worth it since installation will be a breeze.

Complete Back Panel Assembly for the iPhone 3GS

The previous link I posted seems to no longer be offering housings for the 3GS 32gb in white, so I think I may go with this one. Thoughts anyone?
    I bought one of those... - My phone is now beyond ******!

^ I have no idea if that means it is good or bad!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The latter...

This mod is amazingly easy to screw up if you're not PAINSTAKINGLY careful about removing then returning all the pieces into the housing. Proceed with caution for sure!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmj1986 View Post
    I bought one of those... - My phone is now beyond ******!
    How did you manage to do that? Did you wreck the screen assembly? It's supposedly just dropping in a few pieces and you're done. Not replacing every piece into the new housing.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^ no, it's basically taking everything out of your old housing and putting every part into the new housing...if you're not careful and don't know what your doing, it can be VERY easy to screw up
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    ^ no, it's basically taking everything out of your old housing and putting every part into the new housing...if you're not careful and don't know what your doing, it can be VERY easy to screw up
    I thought you bought the complete housing assembly though? Isn't that just a few parts to swap?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

you can buy different things...i personally would just buy the plastic back for about 10 bucks, but if you pay more and get more of the parts already in it, then yea it could be as simple as suction cupping out the old screen and putting it in the new one..
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

Has anyone here ordered the colored iPhone housings on Ebay that already have the bezel attached, instead of the ones that don't have it attached? I'm curious as to what part of the phone people say the housing isn't flush on the phone? I don't want to waste the money on one if it isn't going to have OEM fit with the bezel already attached.

Something along the lines of this:

http://www.ecaseshop.com/back-batter...gb-p-3160.html

Anyone care to comment on the fitment and quality compared to OEM? Thanks.
    Last edited by Nopstnz8; 09-29-2010 at 12:55 AM.

I ordered two for 3G from dixcase.com It appears to be the same company as ecaseshop but I'm not 100% sure...and they're cheaper. I ran the whois on the domains and they come back to different hosting companies so I'm not sure if it's the same group or not.

http://www.dixcase.com/baterry-housi...gb-p-2677.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    I ordered two for 3G from dixcase.com It appears to be the same company as ecaseshop but I'm not 100% sure...and they're cheaper. I ran the whois on the domains and they come back to different hosting companies so I'm not sure if it's the same group or not.

Red Baterry Housing Case Assembly for iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Thanks, but how was the fitment of the case compared to OEM? Is the Apple logo still the reflective sticker?

not sure...i'll let you know when i get them and get it on. you'd have to ask the OP I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    not sure...i'll let you know when i get them and get it on. you'd have to ask the OP I guess.
    I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the fit and finish as well as well. Is the bezel seated properly and flush? Any other issues in getting the phone assembled? Overall quality? Please keep us updated.

I am waiting to pull the trigger on one of these, but I'd like some feedback first.

Looks good especially if it comes with the ring assembled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiguy99 View Post
    Looks good especially if it comes with the ring assembled.
    You never know. Looks can be deceiving. Lol. The only way to find out for sure is to actually put the internals and screen assembly in.

Thanks

Guys, the fit and finish is always descibing, the bezel, and if u don't attach it properly the phone will have gaps all around the 3G/3GS. IMHO its best to buy the entire back assembly installed along with the bezel factory glued. Just suction cup the screen out and into the fully assembled back housing and connect ur plugs.Done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Guys, the fit and finish is always descibing, the bezel, and if u don't attach it properly the phone will have gaps all around the 3G/3GS. IMHO its best to buy the entire back assembly installed along with the bezel factory glued. Just suction cup the screen out and into the fully assembled back housing and connect ur plugs.Done.
    Exactly, but the real question here is whether or not these housings, even with the bezel already attached, will fir around the screen, camera hole, and buttons without gaps?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought one a while back from ebay and I did not like the fit of it at all. I would stick with painting OEM housings they will hold up alot better

What are the chances of a first timer failing give that he follows the instruction carefully and thoroughly?

Btw is this a good buy?
    White iPhone 3G Rear Case for 16GB iPhone 3G

i looking for something with good fitment and finish. What do you guys recommend for a quality back housing thats not expensive?

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast