Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by mmj1986 View Post
    When you have all the screws out, use a blowdryer to loosen the glue and then start to "pry" it off.

I used a very very thin knife and just ran it around the joint until it was loose enough to lift off.
    So you were able to do this without horribly bending the bezel out of shape? Like it was good to reuse on another housing or something?

also, is glue only in the corners? or is it all around the base of the bezel? When I looked at the housing I could only see glue in the corners. Do I need to basically just heat up the whole thing? Should I worry about any plastic melting...?

Sorry about all the questions, I just wanna make sure this is do-able before I attempt it and ruin my phone
    i LOVE apple.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You can remove the bezel fairly easily if you have a heat gun, without damaging it.

Or, just buy a new bezel off ebay for around $10.

Quote Originally Posted by mmj1986 View Post
    Seriously, where do you buy these?

It seems like it is a secret!
    Ebay........shhhhh, dont tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zdogefizzle View Post
    how did you swap the glass covering the camera? does it just pop out? i just did this mod with a white back but i didn't swap the camera cover or the headphone chrome.
    Just pops out.
    Last edited by cpjr; 07-05-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    So you were able to do this without horribly bending the bezel out of shape? Like it was good to reuse on another housing or something?

also, is glue only in the corners? or is it all around the base of the bezel? When I looked at the housing I could only see glue in the corners. Do I need to basically just heat up the whole thing? Should I worry about any plastic melting...?

Sorry about all the questions, I just wanna make sure this is do-able before I attempt it and ruin my phone
    I promise you will not bend it if you are carefull. - It is pretty tough and durable.

There is glue everywhere under the bezel and it a pain to remove it. It is not difficult - it just takes a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You can remove the bezel fairly easily if you have a heat gun, without damaging it.

Or, just buy a new bezel off ebay for around $10.
    CPJR, have you tried one of these? - If is connectec to the antenna you can't really but the plastic ones as they will ruin the reception on the phone.

I have seen some for 20 bucks in black that I really one have on my iphone but I don't know if it's ****...
    Last edited by mmj1986; 07-06-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cpjr, hows your schedule looking right now?

hello friend

This is Benson from Hongkong Think international CO., ltd. we specialize in providing full range of spare parts and accessories for iphone , blackberry , ipod , HTC , NOKIA etc. cell phones and supplying chinese phones we wholesale and export our products allover the word at excellent product performance and good price . i send you our iphone parts pricelist below , pls check and feel free to contact me

**EDIT CPJR - SPAM MY THREAD, NOW YOU MUST DIE, BYE BYE**
    Last edited by cpjr; 07-09-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^lolz
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone parts supplier View Post
    hello friend

this is benson from hongkong think international co., ltd. We specialize in providing full range of spare parts and accessories for iphone , blackberry , ipod , htc , nokia etc. Cell phones and supplying chinese phones we wholesale and export our products allover the word at excellent product performance and good price . I send you our iphone parts pricelist below , pls check and feel free to contact me

**edit cpjr - spam my thread, now you must die, bye bye**
    haha!!
    i LOVE apple.

So, how's anyone besides me planning on doing this to their iPhone 4? I think it will be much easier.

Thanks

ummm...not so much...unless you can get colored glass..I read a thread saying somebody broke their back glass and tried to replace it and they said the black thing with the apple is like glued to the glass (like the first iPhone's lcd was to the glass) and you have to chip the black away...but it may be possible

I am sure if u use a heat gun it will pill right off tho!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys I am planning to replace my OEM 3GS housing with a new one, and am looking for one with OEM fitment and quality. I have found a few, but am not sure if the fit is perfect or not, although they are described as high quality. Can anyone confirm this one is any good?

Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB Complete Full Set Housing Faceplate Cover - High Quality (White / Silver) -*US $49.69*:*sw-box.com

Or this one?

http://www.ubreakifix.com/product_in...roducts_id=217

And last but not least, wondering about the fitment on this bezel, if I wasn't to go with a complete housing.

http://www.chinaontrade.com/apple-ip...lue-p-424.html
    Last edited by Nopstnz8; 07-23-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks

the first one better give you an AMAZING fit because 50 bucks is pretty high...

second one's even higher but you'll probably get great quality....

third one...30 bucks is still really high especially just for a bezel...

on another note...instructables is having a krylon paint contest and I may show something about how to paint housings with krylon fusion because it works pretty well if you put a clear coat on after...just a thought don't know if it's going to happen yet...

Thanks

^^ So you think the first one would be a pretty safe bet in terms of fit and quality?

Thanks

i can't guarantee it but it better be because they have much cheaper ones on ebay, so you have to believe it has a better fit and quality

Thanks

Alright. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Please make a tutorial for the iPod Touch!

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Please make a tutorial for the iPod Touch!

Thanks

Hey guys look what I found. Looks like OEM quality to me, plus it includes most of the parts already in the housing, with the exception of the camera, logic board, and screen assembly. A little pricy, but probably worth it since installation will be a breeze.

Complete Back Panel Assembly for the iPhone 3GS

The previous link I posted seems to no longer be offering housings for the 3GS 32gb in white, so I think I may go with this one. Thoughts anyone?

where can i buy the red casing that is honestly one of the sweetest case swaps i have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    where can i buy the red casing that is honestly one of the sweetest case swaps i have ever seen
    ebay,swbox, theres bunch of places just google
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast