Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks, has anyone tried to paint the bezel? what brand of spray paint do you recommend?
    Last edited by rubberwheels; 01-26-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwheels View Post
    thanks, has anyone tried to paint the bezel? what brand of spray paint do you recommend?
    If you use spray paint to do the bezel it will scratch off easy. I buy anodized bezel off ebay (Black or Gold) I thought about powder coating but not sure if it will interfere with the signal. I will do a few to see soon..

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed63Chevy View Post
    If you use spray paint to do the bezel it will scratch off easy. I buy anodized bezel off ebay (Black or Gold) I thought about powder coating but not sure if it will interfere with the signal. I will do a few to see soon..
    if you sand it down a little and give it a couple good coats with a airbrush you'll be fine
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i heard that the bezel is the antenna for the iphone, won't sanding and painting it make the reception worse?

Thanks

ummm.....i dont think that's true.....the antennae is in the bottom black part on the 2g and i think the same on 3g...

It looks simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwheels View Post
    i heard that the bezel is the antenna for the iphone, won't sanding and painting it make the reception worse?
    The antenna is under your dock connector assembly on the bottom of the phone
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Well there is a copper tab on the logic board that touches the bezel and a little prong on the antenna that touches the logic board just under that tab. I believe that the bezel is like antenna booster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -custom-screens-014.jpg   -custom-screens-015.jpg  

Thanks

^^^that's coming off the mainboard though....if they did what your talkin about it would be comin off the dock right below it....

It is a GROUND

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

^^listen to Melech....he knows wayyy more about this stuff than everybody else....notice the iPhone Hospital haha and he's THE KING

If you are trying to call me out then answer this for me because obviously I don't know. Why is the antenna soldered to that post on the charge port assembly and why is that tab on the backside on the logic board touching the post the antenna is soldered to??

Here are some photo of what I'm talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -custom-screens-020.jpg   -custom-screens-017.jpg   -custom-screens-025.jpg  

I thought it was a ground also but not sure. I just know every time I try painting a bezel I get weak signal maybe just somthing I did.

It is a ground. Did you forget that you are putting an electric current directly into that dock assembly where the antenna is located....

So your saying that the dock is grounded at that post? On the 3Gs that post is not grounded so where does the 3Gs dock ground at?

It is grounded at the antenna off of the dock connector assembly...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Cocheese (02-07-2010)

The 3Gs is grounded at the #4 plug?!?

just did a blue housing swap
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    just did a blue housing swap

This digitizer would look sick on your phone. I did the home button also. This is my blue housing just have to build the phone now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blue-screen-001.jpg   -bi-chcw-mk-kgrhqqh-eieslrs3t3rblmkup-r-_12.jpg  

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast