Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i purchased one off ebay and it wasnt a good fit at all. does anyone know of a reputable site to purchase a housing, i do remember seeing a link on this thread when it first started but cant find it anymore

^None of them fit well, you have to struggle with them to make them fit. Aftermarket is never like OEM.

how to do it for the 2g

Well i have started my custom backs project. I will post pics later tonight. Planning on doing so exstensive measuring to get everything to line up. cpjr, which epoxy do you recommend?

Anything that works well for both plastic and metal. Allow it to dry completely before assembling.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Anything that works well for both plastic and metal. Allow it to dry completely before assembling.
    Thanks Bro. I do housing swaps often but they have always been OEM white or black, then I airbrush them. I have been using contact cement which works good but its just so messy. I'm using Loctite Super Gel this time.

^Be careful with super glue....the fumes can haze everything around the seal area...bezel, housing and any internal parts....

Let it dry/air out for a while before assembling the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome. this thread is almost a year old.

^its current on posts though.....still going strong.

Hey, anyone think I should get the silver chrome?
    CHROME FULL REPLACEMENT HOUSING CASE FOR iPHONE 3G 3GS on eBay.ca (item 220531147482 end time 23-Jan-10 16:14:50 EST)
    Or just go with a red?
    I was being stupid, put a sim card in the sim card slot without a tray, pried art of the cover near the top off to get the sim card out and now I'm left with cosmetic damages. I don't have a lot of electronic experience, except installing hard drives and rams inside a computer.
    Recommendations?

When i super glued the bezel to the back i got some extra on the the back is there a good way to get it off

100% acetone , AKA nail polish remover
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

tried nail polish remover not working so good. you think if i took a blower drier to the housing it might work

No, super glue will not melt. Check to see if the nail polish remover you are using is 100% Acetone. I always use it and it takes it off very easily

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (01-08-2010)

will do thanks for the help. U ever going to become a mod

lol, who knows...

I ordered a red housing that looks exactly like the one in the first post. Will everything fit but I just have to glue the bezel in place? If I wanted a OEM quality black or white, where is best place to buy them cheap?

Most aftermarket housing s do not line up perfectly with the bezel. You may have a little bit of overlay from the housing. If you want OEM white or black just PM me. I always have OEM 3G and 3GS housings in stock in my store.

Default Blue and Green
    Just Finished these 2 iPhones

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast