Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You gotta be careful with the battery and easily pry it up...

If it bends much you'll ruin it. So if your phone wont charge etc when you put it back together then you'll need to order a new battery, they are cheap.

PS- Taking it apart is easier, hahahahaha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol i msged one of our cellphone techs and asked them if they know how too replace a back cover... if they do then i might just get them too do it lmao.... but ill try too put my iphone 3g back together... and see.

the case from ecase wont be here to 7-12 days anyways so i have time too see and rebuild the 3g and see lol. (its become a itouch that doesnt do anything since i got the 3gs lol)

I HAVE A QUESTION lol

ok trying too put back together... that #6 plugs too the motherboard. but that screw hole before the plug goes on that one screw place that is kind of an angle... does the other flex cable get screwed in that came hole? i forget if there were 2 flex screwed into one whole... case i have 1 hole in that flex cable for the powerbutton ect... not screwed in and in in the corner where the earjack is.... lol did this make sense? lol

http://www.picturepush.com/public/1934359

do those 2 connect in the same place?
    in more detail... the little flex cord with the number 6 on it... before the part that plugs into the motherboard... theres a screwhole too put that against the little corner metal piece. now the other flex cord the longer one from the volume button too the power button... at the volume button it loops back too go too the corner of the iphone again... theres a screw hole (with a metal ring around it) where does that screw too? same one then number 6 screw hole?
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-04-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think so, pic isnt the best (I feel ya, Im wanting a Macro lens bad) and now Im kinda confused

Thanks

ok well i didnt completly kill the iphone lol... i plugged it too the computer and the apple logo turned on lol but the power button feels odd... i wounder if i put it in wrong... but the home button and power button Works its ALIVE hahahahah just have too put those million screwed back on

i wounder if the ecase i ordered has the power button on it already .... if it does... that should be alot easier for me.

oh and future reference... no the 2 flex cords never screw in together.... there always in different holes.

HAHAHAH oops.... broke the sound button.... i just looked inside... one of the small plastic pieces is missing.. so the volume goes UP but not DOWN lol

not bad for first time taking apart a cell phone... never done anything smaller then a computer lol

ok so NO it doesnt come with a power button lol... how do you put the power button back on? cause of that rotating metal bar on it?

OK.... So i didnt plug something properly... the HOME button doesnt work. any ideas? plug 1 2 3 and 4 seem too be pluged in right and i unpluged it and replued 123 and 4 and still no home button use
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-04-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this took me about.... an hour to take apart and 2 hours to put it back together lol.. first time taking anything apart but everything is working so its all good... except i didnt line the camera in the right spot so its inside the case and my lower volume doesnt click... but still works... also the top right is coming apart so i need to glue that again
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Thanks

lucky you. my volume doesnt go down but thats an easy fix... but my home button doesnt work and that i have no idea what it is.

its no big deal since i dont use it anyways... but ya.... still would like too know what i did lol
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-04-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The home button makes its connection through the dock assembly flex cable.

On the backside of the home button you'll see 2 tiny gold prongs, these touch the flex cable on the dock assembly on 2 tiny gold squares...

So, if there is just a millimeter gap inbetween then no connection. Hows a gap?

Either the dock isnt seated properly or the bezel isnt seated flush/properly to the housing, hence the screen assembly isnt seated properly since it aligns using the bezel.

Make sense I hope.

Thanks

ya makes sense but not sure how too fix it. does something have too be raised too touch the 2 gold prongs?
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-05-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think ill just get a pro too do it lol.... its not too hard but i dont want too keep fiddling around if i have the same issues with the 3gs....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey CPJR. You probably receive my iphone by now. Please be aware when you open the box, you will notice the little black part and the nail fell off when i pull out my sim tray. Can you tell me what is it? I hope is nothing important. I still use the phone when that little piece fell off.

very pretty... however i darent risk it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thought i saw the link of where you bought the case from, but now i cant find it. hmmm...

Thanks

^Ebay.

If you are looking for a dis-assembaly guide check out the videos at cnn.cn. Go into the details for an iPhone 3g product and go to videos. These are the most detailed that I have found to date

Thanks

Here's Sadhunni's iphone after another housing swap

Looking for a part for repair and will be back on the road.

Thanks

OMG... I read your pm and I got so scared that my phone wont work proper because of that. I didnt want it swap at all till the red sim tray was damaged and the little black piece fell off. It freaked me out. Thanks cpjr!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    OMG... I read your pm and I got so scared that my phone wont work proper because of that. I didnt want it swap at all till the red sim tray was damaged and the little black piece fell off. It freaked me out. Thanks cpjr!
    Haha, its working just fine. Im just trying to see if I have another sim ejector tab (which is what broke). If not doesnt matter will still work just fine.

Top is the old, Bottom is the new.

Thanks

I won't have trouble ejecting the sim tray from now on right? I had so much trouble taking out the sim tray before and maybe due to that little black piece. I have to break the red sim tray and accidntly scratch up the phone a bit in order to take out the sim. I got so scared that little black piece fell off. I didn't use the phone at all ever till you fix it for me. Thanks cpjr.

Are any of you using the plastic chrome trim piece or the oem metal one?

I can't get the oem seems to line up 100% with the new case yet the aftermarket one seems to line up better.

Only one problem, the OEM trim has the vibrate switch mount plate, and a couple important logic board grounds that the aftermarket piece is missing.

Also, it looks as if the OEM vibrate mount plate and ground pieces are glued or welded on to the OEM metal chrome trim.

Sigh

How are you guys getting around this? I've very patiently taken this thing apart and reassembled it at least 5 times now trying to get it perfect and let's admit, it can get very frustrating trying to line it all up right

Thanks in advance

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jackf View Post
    very pretty... however i darent risk it...
    Its not that bad, just gotta be extremely patient and know that its not a rushed process but it can be done
    Last edited by tiguy99; 07-20-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiguy99 View Post
    Are any of you using the plastic chrome trim piece or the oem metal one?

I can't get the oem seems to line up 100% with the new case yet the aftermarket one seems to line up better.

Only one problem, the OEM trim has the vibrate switch mount plate, and a couple important logic board grounds that the aftermarket piece is missing.

Also, it looks as if the OEM vibrate mount plate and ground pieces are glued or welded on to the OEM metal chrome trim.

Sigh

How are you guys getting around this? I've very patiently taken this thing apart and reassembled it at least 5 times now trying to get it perfect and let's admit, it can get very frustrating trying to line it all up right

Thanks in advance

-Mike

Its not that bad, just gotta be extremely patient and know that its not a rushed process but it can be done
    It is very difficult (but doable) to line up an oem metal bezel with the aftermarket housing. Usually they will be off a little unless you spend ALOT of time on it.

The plastic bezel will work you just have to mod the housing a little to mount stuff. You can actually glue the vibrator and it will stay.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast