+ Reply
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know. I will wait.. If you like something so much, you want to see it everyday. I have to get use to him not being here for a while.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I know. I will wait.. If you like something so much, you want to see it everyday. I have to get use to him not being here for a while. I just hug the headphones I had being using with my iphone for now till he gets back. Now people gonna think im on addiction to iphone. This proves that yes.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You are addicted, its ok....knowing is half the battle.

Thanks

Is not even half the battle. You didnt start the surgery yet. Well, i speed up the process by throwing in more money to the delivery.

Till now I cant believe I left CPJR hanging for a month and half. I waited for the housing + bezel for like a month. It took me forever to get it.

Edit: I am excited. I cant wait for CPJR to see my iphone today. He will be shocked or say: So Girly! You and your girly apps.. haha =]
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 04-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i just read this whole thread and ordered an iphone housing from ebay, but im gonna have some one else do it for me.
    but i also plan on buying a broken iphone just to experiment with and change parts since this seems like something i just wanna try and do my self. can someone tell me if this is an actual part or is it just a sticker i put on my iphone - SGP Metal Color for iPhone 3G<br>[Alice_Black] | SGPStore.com

Thanks

If you look at http://www.sgpstore.com/product_imag...all/metal.html you will see it's just a stick on cover.
    if you do buy a proper case and live in America cpjr does appear to be the man to do it for you.
    I've not used him myself or seen his work except on here but if someone does something like this and gets it wrong people shout and I've seen no complaints, only praise, for his work. I would trust him.
    And he's cheap
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i saw that cpjr was taking orders but me being a new member. i dont think he/she would do it for me. i have a friend that was gonna have some guy do his but the guy couldnt do it and messed up my friends camera so now the camera see's pink only and thats why i want to buy a broken iphone to experiment on so i can not worry about messing up or breaking anything and being screwed.

Thanks

Contact cpjr - I don't think you being new would be a problem. I certainly wouldn't trust my iPhone to just anyone!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Everyone was new for once. I started this forum not too long ago. Maybe 4 days. I signed up early and didnt start posting til now. I trust CPJR 100%. I was like you before. I didnt trust CPJR the first place because I was thinking he and others probably gang up on us to ship the iphone to him and not returning it back to us but I see there are many people asked him to change the back housing for them. So I trusted him. I shipped him my phone with the box and he changed the housing. He even show me pics. CPJR will change your housing if you asked. I will not trust anybody outside unless I get to see how they do it. Missing one nail will kill an iphone. I rather let somebody with more experience to change the housing for me like for example CPJR. You will never know unless you asked. I asked him if he change the housing for me and he said yes. CPJR is a patient guy because he waited for my iphone for a month and 2 weeks for my phone + the housing to get to him.

About the SPG Store, that's a sticker because I ordered the red one for my coming red iphone. Is just a piece of sticker for the front. It looks prettier than in pictures.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 04-30-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks

Thanks!

Yeah me or one1 (another member here) can together help with just about anything iphone related. Both completely trustworthy and doesnt matter to me how long you've been around, just dont go anywhere

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah me or one1 (another member here) can together help with just about anything iphone related. Both completely trustworthy and doesnt matter to me how long you've been around, just dont go anywhere
    i might contact you as soon as i get my parts.

Thanks

im wondering CPJR. Do you help people fix iphones? I have a friend who tried to change the housing but failed and he cant put it back together.

Thanks

^Yeah if you wanna send it to me i'll throw it back together. Hopefully they didnt break anything

Thanks

For sure he did break something like the gold straps or the charging part of the iphone. That's what he said. Im not very sure. How much do you charge for fixing it and getting those things replaced? He doesnt know where to get it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey cpjr i sent you a message regarding the iphone housing, i wanted to post it in your buy/sell/trade thread but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    For sure he did break something like the gold straps or the charging part of the iphone. That's what he said. Im not very sure. How much do you charge for fixing it and getting those things replaced? He doesnt know where to get it.
    I'd kinda have to see it first...to tell exactly whats up. If you wanna send I'll look of course for free and tell yeah whats up.

Thanks

I will ask him if I can sent you the phone because the places I took him to the cell phone places keep ripping him off. Willing to fix it for 50 - 80 bucks. I will let you know when I will sent you the phone and remember to sent me the bill when your done with it. I think you may need to help me buy some parts if needed. Do you take other payments besides paypal? Paypal is being a pain on the butt for me because they wont stop asking to verify stuff.

Thanks

i just bought a red housing and im asking my friend to do it for me... hopefully everything goes well
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Thanks

^Hope so too, just make sure they are 100% sure of what they are doing, and dont guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    i just bought a red housing and im asking my friend to do it for me... hopefully everything goes well
    Unless your friend is cpjr I think you would have been better off sending it to him.
    Good luck!

Thanks

yea... might have to do that and does the plastic trim look any good? mine is like scratched up so i kinda want to replace it...
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3