+ Reply
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yeah man hardest part was taking off that dang bezel so I hit up cpjr he told me what to do but I still broke it.(thanks to cpjr, jk) but
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah man hardest part was taking off that dang bezel so I hit up cpjr he told me what to do but I still broke it.(thanks to cpjr, jk) but Check out iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories they didint mention how to take the bezel off but they got a whole step by step tutorial on how to do everything else. They even circle the little screws in the pictures helping you remember which one goes where there is ALOT and a few of them are different. And watch out for the battery it bends I didn't know that so be careful with. Good luck if you ever get one. & thanks again cpjr for all the help

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Oh, the one I got up in my sig link was just a tester.

I just finished one I airbrushed with HOK Ultra Orange Pearl automotive under HOK Cosmic Clear. Niceee.

And it haz a pearl white apple logo

Thanks

^Oh, the one I got up in my sig link was just a tester.

I just finished one I airbrushed with HOK Ultra Orange Pearl automotive under HOK Cosmic Clear. Niceee.

And it haz a pearl white apple logo

Thanks

^As sexy as that orange is (also my favorite color), I wish they made an OEM one... Gotta have the Apple on the back so people still know what's going on.

When I do mine I'll most likely just go for the red as that and the blue are the ones that look the best to me.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. Questions now. Do the cases from eCaseShop come with all the parts? Like bezel, ring for headphones/camera and all? Also, I saw on the first page you took the screen out with the tool, as opposed to suction... How do you not damage the little rubbery part around the glass/digitizer that way?
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 03-12-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Yeah I agree that's just my taste tho nothing wrong with the other colors. I'd have an orange one along time ago if they made one cpjr's sounds like it's gonna be nice too tho.

the parts it comes with look like that cheap plastic used on those model cars that you snap off of the frame for the piece you need. You remember like the rim or engine or something chrome. They feel exactly like that
    Last edited by gomer713; 03-12-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. Questions now. Do the cases from eCaseShop come with all the parts? Like bezel, ring for headphones/camera and all? Also, I saw on the first page you took the screen out with the tool, as opposed to suction... How do you not damage the little rubbery part around the glass/digitizer that way?
    Ebay has the same housings only cheaper. And the bezel you get with those kits is plastic so you dont wanna use it. I re-use all the stuff off the old housing.

And the "tool" was just for pics I actually use suction.

EDIT: Thats odd, check my post before this....it got thrown above ya'lls even though I wrote it after...weird.

Thanks

^Huh, yeah MMi seems to be acting up a bit as of late... But thanks.

Orange with a White Apple sounds sick, but aren't you losing your numbers then? Not a huge deal I guess, but it's nice to have the 8GB/16GB on the back.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    Yeah man hardest part was taking off that dang bezel
    It's just a pity you couldn't get that ugly white bit off the bottom.....

Seriously though, it's nice to see what you guys are doing. You all have unique phones and they all look good (even the gold one ).

Keep it up and keep the pics coming, even those of us who have no intention of trying this ourselves do like to see what others are doing and you have every right to be proud of your work
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^haha yup that's where the airbrush comes in to spray my dock the same color

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    so is it true that there is no chrome ring around the headphone jack with this new case? i've heard some people say this but never had it confirmed. nice face-plate btw where did you get that?
    thanks, I got my gold case from the ecaseshop and it does come with a metal ring for around the earphone but it just small.

chrome bezel is also plastic so don't use it.

I got my gold from off ebay.

it is 24carat plated metal.

you can find more than just gold and silver off there site which is SGPStore.com and they are found at the bottom.

one note, and I'm yet yo confirm it, but I think it interferes with the phones GPS because it is metal and right next to the bezel that works as a antenna I think.

I compared location times with mine to my dads.

his found the right location straight away and mine took about 20 seconds and was about 300 meters off!

most the time mine couldn't even locate exact locations and just give me a circle and I know it never used to do this in some locations.

So I will take it off some time and check it out again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jordo_6 For This Useful Post:

gomer713 (03-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow looks great and pretty simple

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

heres mine housing is ok but its still cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial-img_0075.jpg   PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial-img_0076.jpg   PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial-img_0080.jpg   PROJECT RED 3G and DIY Tutorial-img_0077.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    heres mine housing is ok but its still cool.
    looks sweet i just order a pink one for the wife she seen my red one so yeah. i was under the impression that a pink iPhone would look "tacky" but it actually looks purty good in the pics i've seen.

Thanks

yea the pink is really sweet. the only problem is the case isnt perfect with the chrome besile thing so the case sticks out a little bit. it look ok but u just gotta make sure you get the case from the right place so its an actual fit.

Thanks

none of the aftermarket housings fit perfect, u can get close if you really work it, but nothing fits like oem. My red one is basically perfect, but I spent over 1 hour putting it on

Thanks

hey cpjr i need your advise. are these bezels already attached? the description says silver steel framed compleat housing. what do you think? NEW FASCIA HOUSING FOR GPS Apple iPhone 3G 8GB RED - eBay (item 260366853162 end time Mar-25-09 05:27:39 PDT)

Thanks

^IMO no, cause the pic shows it without the volume buttons installed. And you HAVE to install the volume buttons before installing the bezel.

Thanks

for 11.99 i would think it's plastic. it looks exactly like the one i bought except mine is 16 gig. my bezel was plastic and was NOT glued on it also didn't have the vib. mounts

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

ha yea im making up a pink one for my misses too

Thanks

Bump for a ? Anyone know of a reliable e-bayer that sells 3g Chrome Bezels that are made of metal?