Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any ideas how to reconnect the 3rd cable to the logic board on a 3G?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

This is as close as I could zoom with my Nikon. Notice where the end of my opening tool is....there is a tiny black tab, thats what opens and closes. The white part is what the cable slides under.

And google the screws or ebay....I saw them once somewhere but cant remember where now.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-14-2008 at 10:10 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

preacherzson (12-15-2008)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice pic's cpjr....Is that a band aid??

Thanks

^HAHA, believe it or not....its all Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, cpjr!...

Wow... whomever monkeyed around in this phone before me was a complete clod! That whole plastic assembly is gone!

I will post result of the next round of testing trying to revive the LCD + Digitizer. Just to make sure: the black bar clamps down toward the bottom of the phone, correct?

I'll keep looking for 3g Screws. I can find lots of places that sell 2G screws, but nobody seems to have the 3G exterior screws. They're like cap headed or filet headed screws with a Philips interface. Ifixit labels them as #00 Phillips, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Maybe I'm just searching wrong...
    Last edited by preacherzson; 12-15-2008 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preacherzson View Post
    Thanks, cpjr!...

Wow... whomever monkeyed around in this phone before me was a complete clod! That whole plastic assembly is gone!

I will post result of the next round of testing trying to revive the LCD + Digitizer. Just to make sure: the black bar clamps down toward the bottom of the phone, correct?

I'll keep looking for 3g Screws. I can find lots of places that sell 2G screws, but nobody seems to have the 3G exterior screws. They're like cap headed or filet headed screws with a Philips interface. Ifixit labels them as #00 Phillips, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Maybe I'm just searching wrong...
    Just giving you a Good Luck, Your a brave man for wondering into these territories :b

They should also change your user-title, Because I'm pretty sure you know much more than what Jailbreak means haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ironically enough, I didn't know I could change my title- I thought it was related to post count. How funny is that!

But seriously, I just follow directions really well and do my homework. I mess around with electronics on a strictly hobby basis or as I need to because I got totally screwed on an ebay auction

Necessity is the mother of learning, eh?

Thanks

True it is :b

And I don't think you can change your own user-title, It is related to post count but I reckon one of the mods/admins could change it if you really deserved it

So have you told the person you bought the phone off on eBay about this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I contacted the seller and got a pretty dodgy response. His cop-out was that he stated that the LCD did not work and he had tried to fix it in the description and that's why the price was low.

I might try to take it up with eBay because the auction never mentioned that the phone was missing the screws and no mention that the logic board was damaged.

Thanks

^If you wanna send it to me I will monkey with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^If you wanna send it to me I will monkey with it.
    I might take you up on that generous offer. I haven't had the time to try the replacement screen that I got; I've been working a ton of overnights, and then doing my normal Mr. Dad duties during the days so I've been straight out.

I found a supplier in China who sells the LCD+digitizer+home button combo for $132 ish. Not bad- a lot better than I had expected. I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet, but I'm pretty close. Ironically, I still have had no luck on the screws. I'm at the point where I'd like to put in the new front assembly and try to get Apple to replace the phone; however, the small matters of the screws and ethical questions complicate that idea.

Any timetable on your offer?

@preacherzson

what store u found the lcd replacement? is it full front panel part? i've had myself dead by raindrops but everything is still working. i found a stroe but it sells twice than your price..

THX

Thanks

^If you need JUST the LCD....I believe the cheapest Ive found it was ifixit.com for $50.

well, I'm not a delicate person enough to do some assembly for those parts, so i think it'd be better if i just buy the whole fopnt panel instead

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Full 3G front display/digitizer
    Smartstorecn.com

It is a Chinese repair parts supplier. They seem pretty friendly though. The price David quoted me was $132.95 for the digitizer assembly and it appears to have the screw posts. You'll have to email the sales department and wait for the answer to set up the purchase. I haven't purchased one yet. I put the project aside for a while since I picked up a crazy contract. Now that the work is done, I think I'll get back into fixing this thing and sell it.

it is near impossible....Probably the hardest repair I have ever done and refuse to ever attempt it again.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

lol, I have one you can do. My sister ripped hers off and like I said, I REFUSE to do it again.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone krazy's Avatar
    Thanks

All my posts and info on this topic were deleted, not sure why or how. But if you need this done, I have done a few phones. PM me if youre interested. I have a review of my work in my sig.
    How to fix #3 CONNECTORS:
    http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12