Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dust/dirt under screen?!

Default Dust/dirt under screen?!
    Has anyone had this issue? There are 3 pieces of HIGHLY annoying dust under my 3G screen. Is there anything I can do? Will Apple fix or exchange this phone? Has anyone else had this problem? If so.... what did you do?

I don't particularly want to take it apart myself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    take it back, they will either replace it or fix it.

its the not the ambient light sensor is it? top left next to the ear piece?

i reckon if you take it back to apple they should be able to change it or fix it

i got it at at&t... should I take it there or call apple?

Quote Originally Posted by gallopingsalmon View Post
    its the not the ambient light sensor is it? top left next to the ear piece?
    no it's 3 distinct pieces of something. one of which is REALLY big to be under there.
    Last edited by chad2ss; 09-20-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

this is the first case i have seen!

after queuing on launch day for 4 hours, getting home and getting into my new iPhone 3g i was also very unhappy to notice this and as crazy as it sounds, and as small and insignificant they were, it really bothered me and once i noticed them there i kept seeing them everytime i looked at the screen.

i went to the Apple store and arranged an appointment, spoke to a genius and just explained : "sorry to sound petty but if i'm paying X amount for the phone and X amount for the contract every month the least i expect is the screen to be fully visible.

they didn't have any refurbs or exchanges for me in store, but ordered one in, told me a 4 day wait but next day it was there. i went in, they swapped it over and then got a new one.

now, the new one had real big call dropping etc. problems so i got another exchange for that, AND, it had dust under the screen.

whole scenario makes me angry at apple for not taking more care over quality control with the iphone 3g, like they did with the 1st gen and every other apple product. saying that though, i looked at the new nano in the apple store in regent street in london the other day and that had the same "cheap" feel to it that the iphone 3g does IMO.

i like that apples products are generally well made, pretty and last. i hope this isn't going to change

in conclusion to this long assed post, you will get an exchange without a problem.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

chad2ss (09-24-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    this is the first case i have seen!

after queuing on launch day for 4 hours, getting home and getting into my new iPhone 3g i was also very unhappy to notice this and as crazy as it sounds, and as small and insignificant they were, it really bothered me and once i noticed them there i kept seeing them everytime i looked at the screen.

i went to the Apple store and arranged an appointment, spoke to a genius and just explained : "sorry to sound petty but if i'm paying X amount for the phone and X amount for the contract every month the least i expect is the screen to be fully visible.

they didn't have any refurbs or exchanges for me in store, but ordered one in, told me a 4 day wait but next day it was there. i went in, they swapped it over and then got a new one.

now, the new one had real big call dropping etc. problems so i got another exchange for that, AND, it had dust under the screen.

whole scenario makes me angry at apple for not taking more care over quality control with the iphone 3g, like they did with the 1st gen and every other apple product. saying that though, i looked at the new nano in the apple store in regent street in london the other day and that had the same "cheap" feel to it that the iphone 3g does IMO.

i like that apples products are generally well made, pretty and last. i hope this isn't going to change

in conclusion to this long assed post, you will get an exchange without a problem.
    perfect! thank you so much!

Apples quality control is garbage there r many many 3g s with this problem. You can get a replacement easy enough but u will probably have the same problem