+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cracked Screen, Gay

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so i have a minor crack from a drop, i will post pictures of it in a bit, now question is, what excuse can i give the idiot bar
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cracked Screen, Gay
    ok so i have a minor crack from a drop, i will post pictures of it in a bit, now question is, what excuse can i give the idiot bar (genius bar) so i can get a new iphone for free?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't. iPhones aren't covered for damage you do to it yourself... You could try plugging it into something and getting it to explode and be like... yeah... I plugged it in and it just exploded...

Actually, maybe if you just killed it somehow (microwave or hardcore file corruption...) you could tell them that its had the crack and you always just dealt with it, but now it has this software problem and your phone won't even turn on. Tell them they can give you the same phone just so long as they fix it (but make sure they can't fix it). Muahhaha.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was actually thinking about that, but i dont feel like doing it myself, the microwave plan is just a little... yeh. i hear many people did get their iphone replaced for free, but now i have no service anywhere. what so ever. it just says no service. so that can possibly be something i cacn use as my excuse.

Banned
    Thanks

this is what u need to do. do NOT use a microwave cuz the metal could set ur house on fire. plug ur fone into a car charger and it will start smoking. be creative on how exactly to hook it up. there is a thread somewhere on how to do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow, i love you and your idea, i will try to do this but all i need to find is the right cable, i heard that firewire, is ok, the possibilities of it ruining the phone is very minimal. this is so legit. i hope they do take it back though. if you can give me the direct link that would be great

as a matter of a fact i actually have a car charger for it, but i used it to charge my nano. do you think that will be strong enough, i know cars have a 12v outage.
    Last edited by Kais; 01-20-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had dropped and cracked my iphone and when I contacted the Apple customer service they told me there was a $250 charge to repair it. I took my Iphone to the Apple store and the 1st genius told me the same thing. After he took the phone to the back to show the manager, the manager asked me what happened. I told the manager " I had dropped the phone." He replied with, " so you sat on your phone and it broke, right? I said if that is what you want to hear and to get a free replacement, then yes.

I'm assuming the manager used that to validate the proposed stability of the screen. I really can't be sure how that would qualify for a free iphone replacement, but it worked for me!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

should be..keep using programs too while its charging so it overheats even more

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i will try going to the apple store tomorrow and explain to them that i sat on it, even though i really dropped it, again it's minor crack not too big. if they dont give me a new one, then im gonna spit on his face and tell him apple sucks. lol not really, but then i will try the smoking iphone recipe. hehehe

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

well good luck man..restore it to a gay stock one and then dont act like there is a crack at all first, just tell them that you updated to 1.1.3 or 1.1.2 and that you have no service and if they say that you dropped it then tell them you had that happen on day 1 and never had a problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I had dropped and cracked my iphone and when I contacted the Apple customer service they told me there was a $250 charge to repair it. I took my Iphone to the Apple store and the 1st genius told me the same thing. After he took the phone to the back to show the manager, the manager asked me what happened. I told the manager " I had dropped the phone." He replied with, " so you sat on your phone and it broke, right? I said if that is what you want to hear and to get a free replacement, then yes.

I'm assuming the manager used that to validate the proposed stability of the screen. I really can't be sure how that would qualify for a free iphone replacement, but it worked for me!!!
    My friend's friend sat on my friend's iPhone and broke it... he had to pay the 250.

i will try going to the apple store tomorrow and explain to them that i sat on it, even though i really dropped it, again it's minor crack not too big. if they dont give me a new one, then im gonna spit on his face and tell him apple sucks. lol not really, but then i will try the smoking iphone recipe. hehehe
    If you don't get it, don't let them blacklist your serial, just walk the hell outta there and move onto plan b.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Default It's not that difficult guys...
    Why don't one of you software writing geniuses just come up with a simple app that makes it look like your iPhone is malfunctioning even if it isn't? I got my cracked iPHone replaced at no cost because I had a few problems using it (after dropping it) that I could show the Apple "genius" who couldn't prove they were a result of the accident that cracked the screen in the first place. I've had my iPhone replaced four times since June for free, three times because of hardware problems and once for something that could have been hardware or software related. Just imagine what I could do if I knew the first thing about writing software for this device! Of course, you could buy the replacement parts from someone on eBay and do it myself for a fraction of the cost Apple charges for the service before I'd let them rip me off for $250. IMHO, of course.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

too many newbies (like myself) would download it and screw their phone

wonder what would happen if you connected to your phone via sftp and deleted all the files/folders in it?

theoretically it wouldnt be able to turn on at all, and it would be hard to see what the problem is, so they might give a new one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try Mission repair in Kansas City, KS. Authorized repair center. Brought my phone to them and screen and digitizer were fixed in 2hrs. if you are out of the area you can mail it to them...115.oo to fix it. I have ZERO affiliation with them, I did have my phone fixed by them and they do great work. Def cheaper than buying a new one as warranty doesnt cover cracked screens. Google them. Hope this helps.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

LOL... dude this thread is 14 months old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    LOL... dude this thread is 14 months old.
    Hes just trying to get some business.