+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: headphone jack problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A couple of days ago my headphone jack got jack'd up. I have a dynex headphone adapter, so i can use a regular aux cable and it like bent inward
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default headphone jack problem
    A couple of days ago my headphone jack got jack'd up. I have a dynex headphone adapter, so i can use a regular aux cable and it like bent inward some how, so now it only plays mono. The iphone thinks theres always a pair of headphones in so i have to use speaker phone or put my iphone headphones in real quick to talk or listen to anybody. Could i open it up and just repair it on the inside, or should i just do a apple repair(i already went thru a repair once and it took forever id want to avoid this as much as possible)

If this happened to anybody else please help me! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe the dynex headphone adapter make the hole bigger or something like that cuz i had that with my ipod, ui did that too (use dynex headphone adapter) and for i while neither the headphones worked so i had to take the iphod to an apple store, and they removed the jack and replaced, and then work perfectly...
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

Thanks

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I'm having the same proble. I can't open this iPhone though. I need to sell it and the last one I opened wasn't easy and wasn't a happy story. So I'm wondering how much tv apple store cost to fix the jack without a warrenty? Thank you.