+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Airport card - extreme or orignal?

is a discussion within the

Hardware & Drivers

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
I'm looking to buy an iBook for school use. I've found one locally on Craigslist for a reasonable price. However, the seller says that the Airport card is an original
    Thanks

Question Airport card - extreme or orignal?
    I'm looking to buy an iBook for school use. I've found one locally on Craigslist for a reasonable price. However, the seller says that the Airport card is an original B version. When I asked does it pick up wi-fi signal without any problems he started that since it was an original B version sometimes you have to be close to where the signals originating from.

My question is; Is an airport card hard to install? Also, which would be better for an iBook, the Original Airport Card or Extreme AirPort Card?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Nothing is for free.

Thanks
    I would't recommend installing it yourself. It can be done if you know what you are doing though. The difference between the Original and the Extreme is that the Extreme is N enabled and has a greater range plus the option to connect to a wired connection (if your computer supports it). Your school may or may not have wireless N. Its completely up to you. I have an Extreme in my MacBook and love it.