Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ssssslllloooowwww

Default Ssssslllloooowwww
    Lack of this function was annoying on out of the box 3GS, but also annoying when installed HapticPro. It slows down the operation gratuitously.
    Waiting for mod to make it usable.
    Last edited by Mikus; 08-29-2009 at 02:20 AM.

I think the developers just quit...
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Are you sure? What a pity! Does anybody else have similar apps?

yeah...what a waste of 2 dollars...it slowed my 3g down so much i had to uninstall it.

the only other thing you can use is keyvib...but i'm not sure if it's still in cydia anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    yeah...what a waste of 2 dollars...it slowed my 3g down so much i had to uninstall it.

the only other thing you can use is keyvib...but i'm not sure if it's still in cydia anymore.
    No, it is not
    It is sad, there are billions of apps for iPhone but only some of them is really useful. And when I find one at last, the developer has gone.
    It seems to me that iPhone much more for fun, than for work or productivity.
    I was using my WM pdaphone with a lots of essential apps, but I hardly find similars for iPhone

^^ i agree.

this is website where you can email him:

Boolean Magic

this is the his Cydia page:

iPhone Software
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

The reason there hasn't been a fully 3GS-compatible update to HapticPro (or other similar softwares) is that Apple broke the vibration API with 3.0; it still performs it's function as before, but adds a slight pause on some iPhones. On the 3GS this pause is much longer.

Some users have reported that setting up as a new iPhone in iTunes instead of restoring from backup when installing 3.0 firmware helps reduce the delay so that HapticPro is usable. My limited research supports this (on the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but forcing everyone to wipe their devices and start clean is hardly a solution)

Also, some users have tested HapticPro on 3.1 and have reported good results; I don't have 3.1 yet, so I cannot verify this.

Quote Originally Posted by rpetrich View Post
    The reason there hasn't been a fully 3GS-compatible update to HapticPro (or other similar softwares) is that Apple broke the vibration API with 3.0; it still performs it's function as before, but adds a slight pause on some iPhones. On the 3GS this pause is much longer.

Some users have reported that setting up as a new iPhone in iTunes instead of restoring from backup when installing 3.0 firmware helps reduce the delay so that HapticPro is usable. My limited research supports this (on the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but forcing everyone to wipe their devices and start clean is hardly a solution)

Also, some users have tested HapticPro on 3.1 and have reported good results; I don't have 3.1 yet, so I cannot verify this.
    Pls don't give up!! The idea of Haptic pro is great and I am still waiting for a more usable version in the future

so i decided to re-install hapticpro since i'm on 3.1.2 now and it is working flawlessly so far.

of course i used pwnagetool to upgrade and set it up as a new phone. i'll report back in a month or so if it slows down, but it's working a hell of a lot better than it was on 3.0.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely report back. I would really like to get this functionality back. But I did have some serious (yet inconsistent) delays in typing.

I have NOT tried it on 3.1.2 yet.

EDIT: ok, just installed myself. initial test are very promising. typing speed is fine. I will also keep track to see if I see any more odd slowdowns.
    Last edited by kwickone; 11-17-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

For anyone still interested. I am still using Haptic Pro after a week of testing...and I am going to keep using it!

I have had maybe two unexplained slowdowns in typing in one week, but who knows if that is Haptic Pro or not. Other than that smooth (er Haptic) sailing.

Ryan, if you read this, HP is still a viable option on the 3GS running 3.1.2!

One other note, not sure if it matters, I have the keyboard click sound turned off. I just like the haptic feedback.
    kwickone I.T.H.

There's finally an update officially stating 3.1.2, 3G and 3GS support...downloading it now.

So how's the update?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVee3 View Post
    So how's the update?
    Works very well on my 3GS 3.1.2

NOTE: I only found the updated version on Cydia, no Rock. Not sure why.
    kwickone I.T.H.

I been using hapticpro since my last post and it's been working good. Sure did miss havin Hapticpro.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    Lack of this function was annoying on out of the box 3GS, but also annoying when installed HapticPro. It slows down the operation gratuitously.
    Waiting for mod to make it usable.
    Use Haptic/ vibration old. You get it from X- sellise, that will work for your iPhone 3GS