+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.1 / re-jail 1.1.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've got a brand new 1.1.1 phone (i think I must have just missed out by a day or so on getting a 1.0.2). Reading the instructions to jail break
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 1.1.1 / re-jail 1.1.1
    I've got a brand new 1.1.1 phone (i think I must have just missed out by a day or so on getting a 1.0.2). Reading the instructions to jail break 1.1.1 then install ssh, it mentions

>nce your phone has restarted hit enter.
    >Like the prompt says enter to remain jailbreaked and ctrl+c to to keep >free from jail

If I re-jail break it, I can go back and sync with itunes can't I ? but if I do that, how do I re-jail break it to install other apps ?

Is there an easy way ?

I'm thinking about downgrading to 1.0.2, keeping that and buying an ISPF so I can use 1.0.2 with the higher baseband firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twofruitd View Post
    I've got a brand new 1.1.1 phone (i think I must have just missed out by a day or so on getting a 1.0.2). Reading the instructions to jail break 1.1.1 then install ssh, it mentions

>nce your phone has restarted hit enter.
    >Like the prompt says enter to remain jailbreaked and ctrl+c to to keep >free from jail

If I re-jail break it, I can go back and sync with itunes can't I ? but if I do that, how do I re-jail break it to install other apps ?

Is there an easy way ?

I'm thinking about downgrading to 1.0.2, keeping that and buying an ISPF so I can use 1.0.2 with the higher baseband firmware.
    Follow this guide to jailbreak 1.1.1. Dont go back to 1.0.2 because you want to stay current with everyone being they will be making more apps for 1.1.1. Some apps will still work on 1.0.2 but everyones main focus now is 1.1.1. If you need help just let me know. Follow the directions and you must downgrade to 1.0.2, its not optional.
    http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ipho...allation-guide

......epic