Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide needed for unlocked phone running 1.0.2 to update to 1.1.1

Default Guide needed for unlocked phone running 1.0.2 to update to 1.1.1
    Hello to all,

It is great to hear that all the hard work an long hours have paid off, congrats to the dev team...lets all give them some $$$$

Is there a guide for all of us people who waited on dev team to finish there work on 1.1.1 and that never updated to 1.1.1 and are still running 1.0.2 unlocked via iunlock, anysim, ect... to be able to update to 1.1.1 easily??? can anyone point us to the right guide....most guide I seen are for those that bricked there phone and needed to downgrade to upgrade...

thanks,

Thanks

We all the Veterans of v1.0.2 Unlocking are waiting for the v1.0.2 to v1.1.1 hack.
    It will be soon provided once the Dev Team release the v1.1.1 Unlock app.

Soon after AppTapp and iBrickr will follow, and you will have a baby step guide at your service.

Thank you for the quick answer.....I thought it was already done...silly of me...I just wait a few more days...dev team is really some group....i'm amazed with there work.....congrats to them

Yeah. I'm also anxiously waiting on this. There are so many ways people updated and our basebands and stuff are so splintered, we're going to REALLY have to be careful how we tread here.

You first, JMIGUELES. :P

yeah, im like u, have unlocked iphone running 1.0.2 and waiting for a guide for us, there are lots of diferent guides so im confused, hope they release an easy one without upgrading and downgradin and virginalize and all that hard stuff for us who have unlocked 1.0.2 iphone

Well i would bet my pay check that PF will come thur with a great guide.....all his guide are well done.....Lets all give props to PF for his great work on these guides!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

just wait and wait haha
     Think Different

Default This is the guide that a lot of us need
    A lot of people on this board (the older ones at least) have 1.0.2 phones that have been unlocked.

I currently have one and still have ATT, so i'm unsure if it's possible to use the 'baseband virginization' method, then upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes, then downgrade the baseband back to 1.0.2 and have everything work (except the unlock, which if you have ATT shouldn't matter).

(Edited to note: This DOES NOT WORK! Virginization with upgrade results in an 'Incorrect SIM' error.)

*There has been a lot of threads on this board, and some entries by people who really didn't know what they were doing and got into trouble.

So I'm waiting for an official UPGRADE manual too.

*That has been the result of this sites unparalled success and development. Really great people have made previous mods very easy to follow. So easy in fact that some people have been attempting mods when they really shouldn't.
    Last edited by Gazoo; 10-18-2007 at 03:23 AM.
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Thanks

btw dont forget the screen shots too haha
     Think Different

hopefully sooner than later!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMIGUELES View Post
    hopefully sooner than later!!!!
    yea but I'm still gonna stick with my 1.0.2 firmware
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    yea but I'm still gonna stick with my 1.0.2 firmware
    why???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMIGUELES View Post
    why???
    cuz I don't see anything that catch my eyes with the new firmware and plus I dont want to do the whole hassle unlocking process again
     Think Different

^But wont most of the app devolpers start to move away from 1.0.2 and start making apps for 1.1.1 so that in turn would force you to update right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.iPhone View Post
    ^But wont most of the app devolpers start to move away from 1.0.2 and start making apps for 1.1.1 so that in turn would force you to update right.
    yea eventually but not now. I'm just waiting for the easy guide to come out

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.iPhone View Post
    yea eventually but not now. I'm just waiting for the easy guide to come out. I have all my time so no rush for me to update it now
    Last edited by aziatiklover; 10-13-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    cuz I don't see anything that catch my eyes with the new firmware and plus I dont want to do the whole hassle unlocking process again
    I so agree! Sticking to v1.0.2 is what I too had in mind. It's getting silly to upgrade to v1.1.1 at this very instant as there aren't much of improvements, rather than a few more Apple money making protocols into the firmware, such as Wifi Store and may be the sound improvement.

TV-Out support: Honestly, how many of you guys who have owned phones with TV-Out (such as Nokia N95) have actually used it?!??!

Great point!!! all for the sound improvement for me

I would like to see too a simple tuto, this is still confuse, and I canīt still donīt understand if I can upgrade my unlocked phone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
    the problem is that I donīt how it was unlocked my phone and if the baseband in my phone was modofied...

yeah same here...how can we find out this info...anyone???

Hi,

I bought an 1.1.1 iphone last week and Yesterday I could make a downgrade to 1.0.2, firmware and baseband.

Now, the iphone is working ok (only the volume is not good for me), apps and phone but I want to know if I can make the update to 1.1.1 and how.

The baseband now is 03.14.08_G but there is no the original.

I am writing from Argentina, Telecom Personal chip is working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast