Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging Port Broken Need To Unjailbreak

Default Charging Port Broken Need To Unjailbreak
    I have an iPhone 5s, the charging port is broken. It will charge fine but will not work with any PC. I've backed up my phone over wireless but now need to remove the jailbreak so I can take it to an Apple store (it's still under warranty). I'm running iOS 7.0.4 using evasi0n 7.x version 0.3. I'm ok with bricking the phone with an OTA update, just so that Apple will not know it's been jailbroken. The only issue is that it seems the OTA update is disabled.

Any ideas on a solution? Will "Erase All Content and Settings" work for my situation?
    Last edited by camassoglia; 08-26-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

If you cant use itunes to restore yes earase all content will also do it. But may not be able to bring it back without a pc. But you said thats fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

camassoglia (08-26-2014)

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Good luck

So the ease all content and settings churned for about three hours. I finally booted it and all my data was still there. I ended up deleting my data manually then using ifunbox, deleted the evasion files at the root and the mobile substrate folder. Made it hang at the Apple logo, could only get it to the iTunes restore screen. Since the data port was messed up they just gave me a new phone.