+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 6.1.3 iphone 4 tethered wont work!!! please help!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My uncle just left me his iphone 4. it was jailbroken- tethered 6.1.3 but he turned off the phone. Now when we try to open cydia, it just closes. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 6.1.3 iphone 4 tethered wont work!!! please help!
    My uncle just left me his iphone 4. it was jailbroken- tethered 6.1.3 but he turned off the phone. Now when we try to open cydia, it just closes. I download p0sixspwn, but it says "device appears to be already jailbroken". i know to backup and restore, but i dont want to back his stuff on my PC. i just want to jailbreak it and give it back to him. I dont want him to lose any data in the porcess as well. Any help?

Thanks

Thanks

How to Jailbreak 6.1.3 using Redsn0w | Jailbreak Matrix

What you are interested in are steps 8, 9 and 10, of course you need to have the latest Redsnow and IPSW 6.0 for i4 downloaded on your PC.

After that, go to Cydia and install p0sixspwn untethered add on and there you have it, untethered jailbrak
    Last edited by bbrks; 07-28-2014 at 03:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Again, that would restore the iphone- wouldn't it? The phone is already jail broken, but it's tethered. The phone turned off and now Curia won't open. I want to jailbreak without restore.

Thanks

It is called just boot and it is used with tethered jailbreak only. Why......because every time, with tethered jailbreak, when you reboot, or turn off the phone, Cydia, Safari and mail will stop working. That is why, there is an option just boot....after that, Cydia, Safari and mail will work normally again. It doesn't have anything to do with restore. It's just the way it is. After just boot, you will have a jailbreak back. Search a bit on google, what does it mean.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just did a boot on redsnow. I have firmware 6.1.3 and used 6.0. Everything worked fine, but now it's stuck at the apple logo. It wont go away!

Thanks

The question is what have you done with the phone before that. Anyway, it just doesn't look good. Try hard reset, check if it will turn back on. You should also know, that there is untethered jailbreak on IOS 7.1.2 too. Maybe that would be the easiest option for you and your uncle.