+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did Pangu jailbreak kill my phone?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, Long story cut short, my iPhone stopped receiving signal. I respringed, restarted, airplane mode on/off, took out sim and put it back in... like a million times. So I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Did Pangu jailbreak kill my phone?
    Hi,

Long story cut short, my iPhone stopped receiving signal. I respringed, restarted, airplane mode on/off, took out sim and put it back in... like a million times. So I decided to restore. Once I restored, iTunes told me that I had a problem with my iPhone, and during activation I would get the "unknown device" screen. I restored in DFU mode several times but the same problem was happening.

I got a replacement by Apple so all is good.They said there was a hardware problem. I want to jailbreak but I'm worried it might happen again now. This happened within a few days of jailbreaking with Pangu. Could the jailbreak cause this? Could a tweak cause this to happen, or do you think it was coincidence that I had jailbroken and the phone stopped working afterwards?
    Last edited by Ilkzz; 07-07-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

More than likely a coincidence. The jailbreak doesn't touch anything that would affect your signal.

LinkBacks (?)