+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1 stuck in forever boot loop. Tried Redsn0w, RamDisk tool etc etc...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hmm. What to do, what to do... Thanks for responses. And I guess I can't remotely boot the phone with an SD card? Don't care about running phone on its
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm. What to do, what to do... Thanks for responses.
    And I guess I can't remotely boot the phone with an SD card? Don't care about running phone on its own or anything, just copying off files, but you've probably answered that already as a negative.

Could I image the phone somehow and then scavenge the image for .jpg something like that? I had a friend who dug up from the grave pics on a formatted SD card and also .wav files that failed mid recording on a CF card.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Well than, you might have a problem with battery.......replacement, I guess will do the trick
    ^This! Replace your battery! A charger and/or your laptop may provide enough current to get the phone started booting, but once the phone starts loading all the OS modules, the charger or laptop will not be able to provide the current required, and the phone will reboot. I have seen this many times, and just repaired one just like it yesterday. Batteries are about $5....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Hitek, thanks for idea! had no idea it could work like that with battery problem.
    Worth a shot, Will give it a try, and post results. But Just had a thought too.

The phone will start or something like a start / boot if plugged into the wall AC. Then I get stuck at the "activation" screen or the emergency call screen. I can also see my custom lock screen background I had installed too in the emergency call screen. It will stay like this and I cannot use the hactivate trick of a emergency call and shut off and then cancel shutdown trick to work to get past that emergency call / setup screen combo.
    The phone can sit in this state for awhile , maybe 3-6 or more minutes and eventually turns off at longest 10-15 minutes I kind of forget (only plugged into wall power - disconnect cord for a second and phone instantly dies).

I also did get one of those 30pin external battery thingees, like an emergency external battery boost from a friend. Just read a post somewhere that someone got their phone to boot that way so will try that next before new batt attempt.
    Last edited by GreenMagic; 07-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a similar problem like this several months ago and although I am not sure of the exact steps what I essentially did was to erase many of the tweaks and installed apps etc that were causing a crash and not allowing the boot and got iTunes to open and selected "SHIFT and RESTORE" and selected my "IPCC" files that I had to locate online and download. It finally rebooted. This took countless hours or searching online and just trying anything and everything that I thought might work. After all I tried, that did it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can you erase apps etc or change settings if phone won't boot at all?
    Did your shift restore erase all content on your phone? There weren't any pics or vids or contacts there unless you had a prior backup locally on your laptop right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes you're right. I didn't backup regularly to iTunes because I hated the problems I always encountered doing so. You can use iExplorer or iFunbox to "try" to move as many photos etc as possible during the boot process, but basically have to restart everything. I made a note of l Cydia apps, App Store apps and my Winterboard setup etc and just re-installed.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12