+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Side Effects Of Jailbreaking

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys. Forgive if there are similar threads which I'm sure there are. I'd like to discuss the side effects of jailbreaking. Now, I noticed the first time I jailbroke
    Thanks

Default The Side Effects Of Jailbreaking
    Hey guys. Forgive if there are similar threads which I'm sure there are. I'd like to discuss the side effects of jailbreaking. Now, I noticed the first time I jailbroke a 3GS years ago, it caused a few physical changes as far as how the device runs. It ran extremely hot and was even slower than before. I had my 4S briefly before Absinthe 2.0 came out so I was a bit more framiliar with how it worked normally. Sure enough after jailbreaking it ran hotter and slower. Those seem to be the two main symptoms I encounter. Of course the iOS you're running, jailbreak itself, and installed tweaks all play a factor. Am I to understand currently the most stable set up is 7.0.6? I was not lucky enough to have free time during that period. Anyways, there's a mobile iPhone repair guy around here. We were talking once about jailbreaks and he was saying, "Yeah, when you jailbreak em it f's em up." He is the type who wouldn't say that to get people to not do it. He truly doesn't care. But in his experience he too has noticed the awful way in which they run. Don't get me wrong for a moment. Jailbreaking is amazing and major kudos to all the geniuses that keep it alive. I just wish it didn't make my phone so sick. I'm currently running 7.0.4 and use the vWallpaper2 with video ringtones and that is so unstable it makes my head spin and sometimes I just disable the video ringtones. All in All, tweaks aside I've found in my own experience that jailbreaking your device causes it to run poorly. I reboot mine daily. I wish one day for a better hardware/software combo. But, don't we all?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 5,939 Posts

Odd, I have as most, no issues at all. Using over 30 tweaks and mods that are made iOS7.* I run as well as a non-jailbroken device. Not heat, battery or other issues.
    Jailbreaking will not hurt your devise, if something might go wrong, restore or semi-restore.

Thanks

😔 true

Thanks
    current 3s has been jailbroke for over 3 years with not a single issue with heat or not operating correctly, also my kids 4s is jailbroke and also havent had any issues with it, kinda weird ,never heard of the heat issue , have seen some post of the running slower issue, witch is usualy a cydia tweak thats not fully supported.