+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: post-jailbreak theme issues

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I used evasi0n to jailbreak my 7.0.6. everything went groovy. I can change my carrier logo with zeppelin, but nothing else works, theme wise. Dock colour changes don't apply, and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy post-jailbreak theme issues
    I used evasi0n to jailbreak my 7.0.6. everything went groovy. I can change my carrier logo with zeppelin, but nothing else works, theme wise. Dock colour changes don't apply, and no other themes or bootscreens apply to my phone, it stays as the stock every time. Did i miss something?

EVO
    Thanks

What iphone do you have and what iOS were you previously on before this issue occurred?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    What iphone do you have and what iOS were you previously on before this issue occurred?
    I am using a 4s, i was running 7.0.4 beforehand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFatalis View Post
    I am using a 4s, i was running 7.0.4 beforehand
    I should also add; i was able to use eclipse to darken folders/programs/keyboard, and was able to kill my page dots. I still, however, am unable to make any changes to my dock, bootlogo, or icons.

EVO
    Thanks

I should also add; i was able to use eclipse to darken folders/programs/keyboard, and was able to kill my page dots. I still, however, am unable to make any changes to my dock, bootlogo, or icons.
    That is definitely a weird issue.

Does this happen for one particular or do other themes not work also?

And how are you ensuring the themes are applied? Are you using winterboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That is definitely a weird issue.

Does this happen for one particular or do other themes not work also?

And how are you ensuring the themes are applied? Are you using winterboard?
    Winterboard, yes, and with any theme. And yes it is very weird lol. Do I have to like, re-jailbreak it or something?

EVO
    Thanks

Winterboard, yes, and with any theme. And yes it is very weird lol. Do I have to like, re-jailbreak it or something?
    No, that will cause more harm than good.

This might seem an like obvious question, so bare with me, but are the themes compatible for iOS 7?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No, that will cause more harm than good.

This might seem an like obvious question, so bare with me, but are the themes compatible for iOS 7?
    not always obvious lol. and i'm pretty sure, cydia doesn't let me install anything that isn't compatible. dock colourize says ios 5 or higher and others dont even say a specific ver, but yeah, cydia wont let me do stuff I can't do. Is there some sort of diagnostic i could run that would reveal the issue?

[edit] so looking through the list, the bootlogos say they require some greenpoison crap, that was automatically installed with the logos. it says only works on blah blah 4.2.1. which would be weird that cydia let me install it. Anyways, am i even able to change bootlogos/dock stuff/themes with my firmware?
    [edit2] dockshift was able to make my dock transparent, so i guess that's cool... lol, can i manually change my bootlogo/how do i create one?
    Last edited by DarthFatalis; 03-25-2014 at 10:57 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DarthFatalis For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-30-2014)

EVO
    Thanks

not always obvious lol. and i'm pretty sure, cydia doesn't let me install anything that isn't compatible. dock colourize says ios 5 or higher and others dont even say a specific ver, but yeah, cydia wont let me do stuff I can't do. Is there some sort of diagnostic i could run that would reveal the issue?

[edit] so looking through the list, the bootlogos say they require some greenpoison crap, that was automatically installed with the logos. it says only works on blah blah 4.2.1. which would be weird that cydia let me install it. Anyways, am i even able to change bootlogos/dock stuff/themes with my firmware?
    [edit2] dockshift was able to make my dock transparent, so i guess that's cool... lol, can i manually change my bootlogo/how do i create one?
    sorry for the late reply!

greenpois0n is a jailbreak tool used for iOS 4.2.1, and since you're on 7.0.6, it doesn't apply to you.

what theme are you trying to apply?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-30-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i've actually managed to get it sorted. Someone released a fix for ios 6-7. which seems to solve most of the problem. I can get a boot logo to work, but it shows a dim apple logo, then the bootlogo, then shows the apple logo again and then starts up. So that kinda bothers me. other than that, i've been teaching myself; modding my uisounds and whatnot. will be compiling a massive bioshock theme soon.