+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update/Upgrade Jailbroken & Unlocked Iphone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey Hey, I have a Jailbroken At&t Iphone 4 that I unlocked for T-mobile. I'm in desperate need of an update/upgrade, especially since I can't Jailbreak nor unlock my Sprint
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Update/Upgrade Jailbroken & Unlocked Iphone 4
    Hey Hey, I have a Jailbroken At&t Iphone 4 that I unlocked for T-mobile. I'm in desperate need of an update/upgrade, especially since I can't Jailbreak nor unlock my Sprint 5C (bummer). So my question is what do I use since it's been years of my actual jailbreak/unlock. My Version is 5.1.1 (9B208) and my Firmware is 04.12.01.

Tanka You.

Thanks

Download IPSW 7.1 and than SHIFT + RESTORE. Caution!!!! There is no jailbreak on 7.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is this still a jailbreak?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kayboo16 View Post
    Is this still a jailbreak?
    No, there is no jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh, that makes sense. I still want my phone jailbroken, I just need it updated/upgraded as far as my jailbreak goes ...
    Is that possible? All the info is in my original question.

Thanks

Only if you have valid SHSH blobs, for any of ios 6.x.x, most probably you have those for 6.1.3. If so, than it is possible. The procedure is a bit complicated, but it can be done. If not, there is no other option, but to upgrade to 7.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay. So how can I go about doing that and still keeping my jailbreak? I can't even upgrade my apps anymore cause it says I'm "outdated". I never got to do the newest updates cause I didn't want to loose my jailbreak/unlock. This is my iphone 4 I'm talking about. And actually I though it was a year old, but it's two years old. So it's been 2 years since I jailbroke it. I just need the most recent jailbreak for it. Even if I have to factory restore my original settings to rejailbreak it, that's fine, cause having a jailbreak that's 2 years old isn't helping. I never even upgraded to iOS 6.1 when it came out. My version is 5.1.1 (9B208) and my Modem Firmware is 4.12.01. I'm way behind with my software and need a catch up that's still is a jailbreak.

Thanks

What ever you do, even if you make it to ios 6.x.x, you will still have the same problem with outdated apps as on ios 5. The only useful jailbreak is now for IOS 7, but unfortunately, you are a bit late to the party. It was just a mistake, not to upgrade, when it was time for it.