Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 won't restore stuck on boot cycle

Exclamation iphone 5 won't restore stuck on boot cycle
    Hi guys ,

This is my situation I bought a iPhone 5 from the bay last week to replace my broken iPhone 4. The ad quoted a cracked screen but factory unlocked. So I changed my screen and put the simcard in and it worked fine for 2 days.

The phone then ran out battery, once I charged it up the apple logo shows then it just reboots every 5 seconds.

So it got me thinking had the phone been jailbreaked and unlocked, maybe? I really don't know as I couldn't play on it much but there certainly wasn't cydia installed! So now I'm stick with a phone which won't turn on and iTunes won't restore I get errors when trying iOS 7.0.4 or 7.0.6 and I either get error 4193 or 9 when restoring too iOS 7.1.

I'd really like to get it fixed as I haven't had a phone for weeks now. By the way I have access to both PC and Mac.

I hope you can help. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GWalkaa View Post
    Hi guys ,

This is my situation I bought a iPhone 5 from the bay last week to replace my broken iPhone 4. The ad quoted a cracked screen but factory unlocked. So I changed my screen and put the simcard in and it worked fine for 2 days.

The phone then ran out battery, once I charged it up the apple logo shows then it just reboots every 5 seconds.

So it got me thinking had the phone been jailbreaked and unlocked, maybe? I really don't know as I couldn't play on it much but there certainly wasn't cydia installed! So now I'm stick with a phone which won't turn on and iTunes won't restore I get errors when trying iOS 7.0.4 or 7.0.6 and I either get error 4193 or 9 when restoring too iOS 7.1.

I'd really like to get it fixed as I haven't had a phone for weeks now. By the way I have access to both PC and Mac.

I hope you can help. Thank you.
    Has your issue been resolved?

If not, I will try to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Has your issue been resolved?

If not, I will try to help you!
    Hi,

No i still haven't fixed it. So one last effort before I go to apple would be awesome.

Thanks

Hi,

No i still haven't fixed it. So one last effort before I go to apple would be awesome.

Thanks
    Try putting your phone in DFU MODE but holding the power and home button at the same time for about 8 seconds, then release the power button while still holding the home button for about 5 seconds.

If you see an apple logo while you are doing this, try it again.

Then download the 7.1 firmware from here : iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

After its been downloaded, open up itunes and hold the SHIFT key while clicking the restore button, and point it to the firmware you just downloaded.

Hi Evo,

I have tried lots of cables, different ports and computers. I changed the actual connector and that was successfully installed. However i now get a new error when restoring which is 2001. I have reset the SMC on my iMac still no luck.

Thanks

Have you confirmed you have the latest itunes installed?

Have you confirmed you have the latest itunes installed?
    Yep using latest itunes and latest version of mac osx

What is the state of your iphone when you are trying to restore it?

In other words, is it in normal mode when you restore, where you can see the homescreen?

Or is it in DFU mode, where the screen is black?

What is the state of your iphone when you are trying to restore it?

In other words, is it in normal mode when you restore, where you can see the homescreen?

Or is it in DFU mode, where the screen is black?
    Yeah it doesn't get to the home screen as it just reboots every 5 seconds. So I've tried restoring in both DFU and recpvery .

It's difficult to diagnose exactly where the error is occurring.

We don't know if this could have happened before you replaced the screen, or as a result of the screen replacement. Even though it worked fine for 2 days, once it boots up and loads the necessary files and processes, if the change you made had anything to do with it.

iPhones are weird sometimes. One small change can drastically alter the usability of it.

It may be a software issue, or a hardware issue.

Can you try to perform this restoration on a Windows if possible?

Ive tried it on windows. on itunes the status is just staying 'Waiting for iPhone'.

And the phone just keeps restarting, meaning itunes cant connect to the phone.

Jus tried in restore mode in Windows and got the error 21?
    Last edited by GWalkaa; 03-25-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Ive tried it on windows. on itunes the status is just staying 'Waiting for iPhone'.

And the phone just keeps restarting, meaning itunes cant connect to the phone.

Jus tried in restore mode in Windows and got the error 21?
    Any Clues?

Any Clues?
    Sorry for the late reply!

It's very probable that it could be a faulty battery. If the phone is still under warranty, I would suggest going to apple to have them fix it.

HOWEVER, here are some tests you can try before bringing it in:

TEST 1:
    1. Download tinyumbrella, verify that the phone is connected to the computer, and ensure that it's selected on the left hand side of tinyumbrella.
    2. Go to the advanced tab, and uncheck "Set hosts to cydia on exit..."
    3. Try restoring again in DFU mode

TEST 2:
    1. On windows, go to C drive > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc
    2. Drag the "hosts" file onto the desktop
    3. Try restore again in DFU mode
    4. If it does or doesn't work, drag back the hosts file to the etc folder

If those 2 possible solutions do not work, I would not know if any other solution besides replacing the battery.