Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I update data plan?

Default Can I update data plan?
    I've had my phone for over a year now, and haven't had the flash updated or anything, I just see no reason, it still works, but it's been over a year, and I still have the same data plan, and for the price I pay, it's not even equal to the one that is the same price now, I only get 1gb of data and the new one is 2.5gb with the same others, can I just change the plan online without it effecting the jailbreak on my phone to get it flashed over to my prepaid carrier?(Cricket) or will that mess everything up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awluiz View Post
    I've had my phone for over a year now, and haven't had the flash updated or anything, I just see no reason, it still works, but it's been over a year, and I still have the same data plan, and for the price I pay, it's not even equal to the one that is the same price now, I only get 1gb of data and the new one is 2.5gb with the same others, can I just change the plan online without it effecting the jailbreak on my phone to get it flashed over to my prepaid carrier?(Cricket) or will that mess everything up?
    If your phone is already using Cricket's service, sure. Changing the data plan on the network's end should not affect anything on your phone.

So it wouldn't effect the jailbreak/flash in any way? Because if I accidently update anything in cydia or anything in it, it will cause me to lose my internet and all I can do with the phone is make calls and text, no pic messages or anything, no data. So I can update the data plan and it wont effect the jail break in any way?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awluiz View Post
    So it wouldn't effect the jailbreak/flash in any way? Because if I accidently update anything in cydia or anything in it, it will cause me to lose my internet and all I can do with the phone is make calls and text, no pic messages or anything, no data. So I can update the data plan and it wont effect the jail break in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Changing the data plan on the network's end should not affect anything on your phone.