Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Tweak Installation Bug Help

Default Cydia Tweak Installation Bug Help
    I'm no stranger to Cydia or jailbreaking. In fact, this is the first time since I jail broke my 3G way back when that I've had to ask for help. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Iphone 5S running IOS7.

Here's what's going on: Anytime I try to remove a Cydia app or tweak(Manage/Packages/Select Package/Modify/Remove) before confirming the removal, looking under "Modifications", it shows what I'm about to remove and also shows that's it's going to also install "ClassicDock". It does this EVERY time I try to uninstall something. And actually doesn't event execute the removal of what I wanted removed. It just continually reinstalls "ClassicDock" which by the way, I don't want. I went into ifile, searched for all things "ClassicDock". It pulled up a couple plist files. I deleted everything. All gone. Tried to remove another random tweak. Didn't fix the problem. Please, for the love of God, help me. I can't uninstall anything and to make things worse I can't operate my camera outside of safe mode becuz I can't get rid of camera tweak 2!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Sounds like perhaps you have a software issue from ClassicDock not uninstalling. Best bet would be to do a DFU restore and re-jailbreak to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Sounds like perhaps you have a software issue from ClassicDock not uninstalling. Best bet would be to do a DFU restore and re-jailbreak to be sure.
    ClassicDock is not just refusing to uninstall, it's also reinstalling everytime I try to remove anything at all. Procedurally, I would think some code has been twisted somewhere. I would have thought this could have been remedied by replacing a few files here or there. Much like just about anyone here I'd like to avoid restoring and rejailbreaking at all costs. Any ideas for any alternatives?