+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unjailbreaking Help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I jailbroke my 5S a few hours ago to see if I liked it any better then when I had my 4S jailbroke and I'm still not a huge fan.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unjailbreaking Help
    I jailbroke my 5S a few hours ago to see if I liked it any better then when I had my 4S jailbroke and I'm still not a huge fan. My question is how do I go about unjailbreaking my iPhone, is it the same as it was on older versions where I just do a restore and it goes back to stock?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Yup, just restore

Thanks

Sorry you dont like the jailbreak. Yes, you should be able to just restore after turning off "Find My iPhone" in the settings-icloud-find my iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess I can't really say I don't like it but to me it's different than a rooted android. Don't get me wrong I'm an apple guy when it comes to phones and such but for some reason I like a rooted android better then a jailbroken iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by froglodge32 View Post
    I guess I can't really say I don't like it but to me it's different than a rooted android. Don't get me wrong I'm an apple guy when it comes to phones and such but for some reason I like a rooted android better then a jailbroken iPhone.
    Really? Not sure I've heard that before. The difference between a stock and jailbroken iPhone can really by enormous. A rooted android in comparison is not so much a huge difference compared to stock since stock android is so much more open to begin with. I've had numerous devices on both sides, rooted and jailbroken pretty much all of them and never really saw much of a need to root an android, all of the customization I wanted to do could pretty much be done already stock. Not even close on a stock iPhone, jailbreaking really opens up the possibilities on a idevice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lightningrod (03-06-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just like the different ROMs for rooted androids. But I may stick with this jailbreak for a couple days and see how it goes.

Thanks

Ya, some of the roms can be pretty nice. Some of them can be pretty buggy too though, been hit or miss for me when choosing roms.