Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Homescreendesigner stinks!

Default Homescreendesigner stinks!
    OK is it me or does Homescreendesigner stink? I upgraded to the latest versiob 1.0.8.1 and now my Ipad is stuck on the Apple boot logo. Onn 1.0.6 I couldn't move icons. Why did they kill development on Iconoclasm? That works for me, but layout maker only likes iphone/ipods. I can't save anything for the Ipad. It will just keeps saying cancel/save. I wish Homescreendesigner would work. I guess I'll have to look for updates. I didn't know if anyone else had issues with it.

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by invegle View Post
    OK is it me or does Homescreendesigner stink? I upgraded to the latest versiob 1.0.8.1 and now my Ipad is stuck on the Apple boot logo. Onn 1.0.6 I couldn't move icons. Why did they kill development on Iconoclasm? That works for me, but layout maker only likes iphone/ipods. I can't save anything for the Ipad. It will just keeps saying cancel/save. I wish Homescreendesigner would work. I guess I'll have to look for updates. I didn't know if anyone else had issues with it.
    Maybe tell the creator and get some feedback directly?
    he (or she) is updating quite often

Quote Originally Posted by invegle View Post
    Homescreendesigner was working fine until the update did the same thing to my iPhone 5 today. Had to reset by pressing home and lock buttons together, then restarted again while holding volume up button. Deleted Homescreendesigner and another app which I had also just updated (it began with Icon....), which I think was installed by Homescreendesigner. Resprung. Still no jailbreak apps working. Reinstalled Cydia Substrate. Resprung. Used Safe Mode app to respring into safe mode. Finally was able to respring and got my jailbreak apps back (except Homescreendesigner). I'll be watching for an fix for Homescreendesigner. Hope this helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Trimo's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same issue with the last update and had to restore my phone and re jailbreak. I will stay off that tweak for a while even though i was quite enjoying it. Sucks that they didn't take the time to test their update enough…

I submitted a description of the problem to the author and got this email back:
    "1.0.9 will be released shortly, sorry for the problems in the recent updates."
    I'm glad the author was responsive. I'm waiting hopefully, but I probably won't try the next update until I read that some people have used it without crashing.

Well, I'm good for another restores. I install OpenSSH, I respring. I install Winterboard I respring. I installed the following updates, I respring.

I install HomeScreenDesigner and there, oh surprise, I stuck on the apple. Reboot to reboot

nice

I updated hs designer today with no problems. I did not follow instructions listed on the tweak since icon support was updated today.

1). if you have nested folders (folders in folders) I would recommend taking those folders out prior to updating.

2). If you have any page set to a limited amount of icons (3x3, 4x4 etc) you will want to apply the default layout to the page instead. To be safe I applied the default layout to each page.

3). Update icon support first. Then update hs designer.

4). Re-apply previous layouts. Make sure the icons on the page do not exceed the layout limit.

Finally, move nested folders back.

One problem I (and others) experienced was after an update you end up with an icon in the upper left corner that can't be moved. Icons will sometimes appear stacked in this corner and any attempt to move usually results in a crash. If this happens it can be fixed by applying a larger icon layout like the default. This way the system has no trouble re-placing icons. You do not have to respring if this happens. Just apply a larger layout. Or as a preventative measure apply default layouts as listed above.

If I install for the first time (restore) HomeScreenDesigner, do I install support icon in the first ?

I think both will install when you install hs designer. Unless you already had something like gridlock as a replacement.

I just reinstall it after having installed Winterboard, and after respring asked, I'm still stuck on the apple

Now a new restore
    Last edited by Ramses2; 01-25-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Your layouts must be off. I'm using a i5 on 7.0.4 with over 20 tweaks.

I do not even have time to use it. After installation of the respring I loop on apple

It must be loading a previous layout right after install. Sorry. I'm out of ideas

Thank you anyway. I'll send a mail to developer

Still having this problem even after update from cydia

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Still having this problem even after update from cydia
    What version was that please ?

Anybody got this working on an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1?