+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1 week old 5s, will downgrading make it easier?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have to unlock my new iPhone 5s, when I got it a week ago I was so sure that I could just unlock and activate like I usually do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1 week old 5s, will downgrading make it easier?
    I have to unlock my new iPhone 5s, when I got it a week ago I was so sure that I could just unlock and activate like I usually do but seems like I was too cocky.

Nice is a week old it most likely has everything the newest of the newest. Will downgrading the iOS make it easier / possible to unlock or even jailbreak if that's what it takes for me to use it with a different carrier? Or is it a hardware issue as well? Anyone have any experience?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mi3G View Post
    I have to unlock my new iPhone 5s, when I got it a week ago I was so sure that I could just unlock and activate like I usually do but seems like I was too cocky.

Nice is a week old it most likely has everything the newest of the newest. Will downgrading the iOS make it easier / possible to unlock or even jailbreak if that's what it takes for me to use it with a different carrier? Or is it a hardware issue as well? Anyone have any experience?

Unfortunately no. With the A7 architecture of the 5s, it is not possible to unlock. Jailbreaking is not a substitute for unlocking.

The only way to unlock it is via the IMEI, either directly through the carrier, or paying an IMEI unlocking service, which I believe is at least $100.