Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's the best way to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and have Untethered JB?

Default What's the best way to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and have Untethered JB?
    Hi!

I am on iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1 Untethered JB using Evasi0n. I have been trying for days now to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and get the Untethered JB. However, on trying
    to restore the custom/stitched IPSW (created using sn0wbreeze) I could not update it, giving me the ever so hateful iTunes error 3194.To use p0sixspwn, I at least need to have 6.1.3 so currently it is of no use since am on 6.0.1.

I have tried all the below on my host file, but to no avail. Can you please tell me what the best way is? Thanks very much. I edited the host file as under, sometimes with the star/hash sign, at others times not. Tried EACH one of them.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #gs.apple.com
    gs.apple.com
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kate

Hi i did this a few days ago. I hope you have a 6.1.3 SHSH saved somewhere. What you have to do is upgrade all the way to 7. Then use iFaith to custom create a signed IPSW combining your saved SHSH with stock 6.1.3. ONce thats created by iFaith, you can put the phone in DFU mode and then Shift+Restore the iPhone to the signed 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Hi i did this a few days ago. I hope you have a 6.1.3 SHSH saved somewhere. What you have to do is upgrade all the way to 7. Then use iFaith to custom create a signed IPSW combining your saved SHSH with stock 6.1.3. ONce thats created by iFaith, you can put the phone in DFU mode and then Shift+Restore the iPhone to the signed 6.1.3
    No I don't have saved 6.1.3 SHSH:-( I guess I'll have to upgrade to 7.0.4. My only concern is if my iPhone 4 will be too slow for iOS7.

It will. I would not do it if I were you. It was so slow. Thats why I downgraded back. Im sorry about your lack of SHSH. I would just stay where you are. Unjailbroken iOS6 is better than jailbroken 7 on an iPhone 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:

kateadams95 (01-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    It will. I would not do it if I were you. It was so slow. Thats why I downgraded back. Im sorry about your lack of SHSH. I would just stay where you are. Unjailbroken iOS6 is better than jailbroken 7 on an iPhone 4
    Thank you vartanarsen. A shame I'd be stuck with iOS 6 hehe.