Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS New Bootrom on 5.1.1.

Default 3GS New Bootrom on 5.1.1.
    I had followed this posting 3GS new bootrom still on ios 4 and updated a family members phone but i notice that many apps will not update because the IOS is too old.

Is there any way to get to IOS 6? I've read a lot of stuff and it looks like the new bootrom 3GS jb is tethered?

For this phone I need a JB and an unlock or at least a JB and then I can officially unlock.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

You can actually get on 6.1.3 with a new bootrom 3GS and have an untethered jailbreak, thanks to p0sixspwn.

I'd suggest using sn0wbreeze (Windows only) to make a custom 6.1.3 IPSW (to preserve the baseband if you're using that same phone and want to keep the ultrasn0w tool around), then restore to it with Pwned DFU via iTunes. Please note, you'll have to roll your version of iTunes back if you're on anything newer than 11.1.

Once the device is restored, you'll have to boot it tethered once. Once it's booted, open up Cydia and search for the "p0sixspwn" package (note the zero instead of an o). Install that and you should now be untethered.

Word of warning, I don't think ultrasn0w has been updated for 6.1.3. I don't know if the current version will work on 6.1.3 or not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (01-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You can actually get on 6.1.3 with a new bootrom 3GS and have an untethered jailbreak, thanks to p0sixspwn.

I'd suggest using sn0wbreeze (Windows only) to make a custom 6.1.3 IPSW (to preserve the baseband if you're using that same phone and want to keep the ultrasn0w tool around), then restore to it with Pwned DFU via iTunes. Please note, you'll have to roll your version of iTunes back if you're on anything newer than 11.1.

Once the device is restored, you'll have to boot it tethered once. Once it's booted, open up Cydia and search for the "p0sixspwn" package (note the zero instead of an o). Install that and you should now be untethered.

Word of warning, I don't think ultrasn0w has been updated for 6.1.3. I don't know if the current version will work on 6.1.3 or not.
    ultrasn0w 1.2.8 should be compatible with 6.1.3, as long as baseband is preserved

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (01-05-2014)

Thank you both. I had read about p0sixspwn but was a bit confused since I thought it was tethered. I know how to use Sn0wbreeze so I am good to go.

FYI - It worked and unlocked with ultrasn0w. I got slightly stuck after restoring because I never tethered booted but restarted with ibooty, did the rest and all is OK. Many thanks.

I'm in sort of the same situation. I have iOS 4.1 with 05.13.04. New Bootrom. I need the unlock.

Can I follow the same directions posted above?

Also, is there a more detailed directions in a specific link?
    I'm not sure what a Pwned DFU mode is. From RedSn0w?
    How do I rollback my iTunes to 11.1? Do I just try to find the install file myself on the net?

Thank you.

Yes you can. You download Sn0wbreeze. When you open, it will walk you through using 6.1.3 and download it for you. Then it will do its thing. It preserves your baseband and you can select the option to hacktivate. When it's done, the app will walk you through putting your phone in dfu mode with a countdown timer and then when you open iTunes you will use shift + restore to select the file Sn0wbreeze made.

Then your phone will restart but you need to keep it plugged in and use Ibooty which is also included in sn0wbreeze package.

Once it restarts your phone is jailbroken. Then you go into cydia and search for P0sixpwn and install it. That fixes the jb so it's untethered.

Once you are done with that go back to cydia and ultrasn0w source should already be added, it was for me, click on it to install pkg and you're unlocked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miz.Michele For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-10-2014)

What about the iTunes 11.1?

Can I use iTunes 11.1.0.126 to do this?
    Last edited by misterdobi; 01-10-2014 at 09:41 PM.

I used 11.1 and I was fine. Older versions can be found here Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com but 11.1 worked for me.

Also, I am on windows and I only know how to use Sn0wbreeze so I am assuming you are on windows.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 01-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miz.Michele For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-10-2014)

I tried with iTunes 11.1.0.126 and kept getting this error:
    iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).

I then went to uninstall and used iTunes 11.0.5.5.
    Kept getting the same errors?

Any advice?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterdobi View Post
    I tried with iTunes 11.1.0.126 and kept getting this error:
    iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).

I then went to uninstall and used iTunes 11.0.5.5.
    Kept getting the same errors?

Any advice?

Thanks
    Make sure you're restoring to iOS 6.1.3 (for a 3GS) and that no entries for "gs.apple.com" exist in your hosts file.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-10-2014)

I checked the hosts file in \Windows\System32\Driver\etc\hosts

I saw this link:
    too much user send me message how to solve itunes error 3194 hare is guide - IPhone Yiool.com

Didn't follow through with it yet.

My file had this:
    # localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

Is there something I'm suppose to add or remove? I'm confused comparing that link I found with your advice. Which one should I follow?

Thanks

I checked the hosts file in \Windows\System32\Driver\etc\hosts

I saw this link:
    too much user send me message how to solve itunes error 3194 hare is guide - IPhone Yiool.com

Didn't follow through with it yet.

My file had this:
    # localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

Is there something I'm suppose to add or remove? I'm confused comparing that link I found with your advice. Which one should I follow?

Thanks
    I never had to change the hosts file when I used sn0wbreeze. Are you sure you used the right sn0wbreeze file because there would be 2 on your desktop. Make sure it's the one with the later time. When that happened to me in the past I used sn0wbreeze to get me back in dfu mode and did it again and it worked. Try again and let us know.

For Windows, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file that's named "hosts"
    Open the file with Administrator Privileges
    Find thisine
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    Either comment this line out by typing a single '#' in front of the line or delete the line entirely.
    Now, save the hosts file and then try to shift restore your iPhone through iTunes again.
    Fingers crossed
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 01-11-2014 at 04:54 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Miz.Michele For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2014)

I'm using sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 and only one custom firmware gets build after. The IPSW file that starts with sn0wbreeze.

I did look into the hosts file. Originally did not have that line at all. I even bothered to put it in with the comments tag (#).
    No changes. Still with the same Error 3194.
    Every line in the hosts file is commented. Is that right?

Some thing I did wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by misterdobi; 01-11-2014 at 06:38 AM.

I'm using sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 and only one custom firmware gets build after. The IPSW file that starts with sn0wbreeze.

I did look into the hosts file. Originally did not have that line at all. I even bothered to put it in with the comments tag (#).
    No changes. Still with the same Error 3194.
    Every line in the hosts file is commented. Is that right?

Some thing I did wrong?

Thanks
    Sorry you're having issues. Try disabling antivirus and take out the comment if you did not have it in the first place. Other folks has this issue too and got it to work so disable antivirus maybe even firewall and try to restore. Be sure to go into dfu mode first. Since the restore did not complete you phone is still ok?

Also just to try you may want to try version 10.7 itunes
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 01-11-2014 at 07:45 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Miz.Michele For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2014)

My phone is ok. Still on 4.1.

I can't seem to get pass this problem. I have tried using TinyUmbrella Start TSS server. Got past the usual problem but then ended with Error 11.

I don't have any firewalls except for the one that comes with Windows7. I turned that off too. Still no go.

For sn0wbreeze, I chose Simple mode and opted out of the hacktivation. I always get Push not working properly doing hacktivation. Are those options a factor to this problem?

What exactly should be in the hosts file that are not commented? Would it be just 127.0.0.1 localhost?

Thanks

Good you made progress. On sn0wbreeze site it says to go yo iTunes 11.0 or lower to fix error 11 so you may want to try that

Look at host file again and delete any line that points to Apple ( gs.apple.com). Backup hosts file first
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 01-11-2014 at 08:05 AM.

My hosts file has all the lines commented. Anyways there are no lines pointing to gs.apple.com.

I tried iTunes 10.7. Same error. Then I went to try TinyUmbrella again to see if I can bypass the Error 11. Still same...

I don't know what other options there are?

My hosts file has all the lines commented. Anyways there are no lines pointing to gs.apple.com.

I tried iTunes 10.7. Same error. Then I went to try TinyUmbrella again to see if I can bypass the Error 11. Still same...

I don't know what other options there are?
    Two more things I can think of.1.) maybe you have your system files hidden and that's why you don't see hosts file. Read this http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/

2. If that doesn't work try to jailbreak again since you've turned off antivirus. Maybe something hit corrupted.

And you are putting your phone in pwned dfu mode and not regular dfu mode, right?
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 01-11-2014 at 01:48 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Miz.Michele For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2014)

I already had my system files not hidden.
    I tried the jailbreak with the antivirus off. Still same.

I think I'm in pwned DFU mode. I followed the instructions from the sn0wbreeze after they made the IPSW file. Could I have done it the wrong way and went into regular DFU mode? I see the iReb appearing after I get into pwned DFU mode.

I noticed that my model number is MC131ZP, from HK or Macau.
    Does that mean this phone is already unlocked to begin with?
    Tried uninstalling ultrasn0w and using another simcard. No service.
    Checked with IMEI.info and said "Device has been replaced: Yes".

Thanks
    Last edited by misterdobi; 01-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast