+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Infinite loop reboot after evasi0n 1.02 jailbreak with iPad Mini Retina

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have completely reset and redone my device using iTunes (not OTA) running 7.0.4, and every single time I time jailbreak it gets stuck in and infinite boot logo. Then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Infinite loop reboot after evasi0n 1.02 jailbreak with iPad Mini Retina
    I have completely reset and redone my device using iTunes (not OTA) running 7.0.4, and every single time I time jailbreak it gets stuck in and infinite boot logo. Then I have to do a complete restore in iTunes in recovery mode.

I've read jailbreak articles where the author states that they have the iPad Mini Retina, so why is this affecting me?

Then when I restore it gets stuck on "preparing iPad for restore" and I have to unplug it then replug it just to get it to work.

royal pain.

yet no issues jailbreaking my iPhone 5S.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do you have a decent Internet connection? I assume you try the JB straight after restoring without restoring froa backup or setting up your iCloud account first?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes I have good internet, I don't back up to iCloud I back up to my personal computer.

The first time the iPad came with 7.0.3. I updated using iTunes (not OTA) to 7.0.4 and backed up the iPad with all my crap on it. Then I attempted the JB. Didn't work, infinite loop.

Put the iPad into DFU recovery, plugged in, updated/restore...then restore from backup.

Finished syncing everything, then JB again, infinite loop.

Is it because I'm using 1.02 Evasion beta? Should I use the 1.01?