+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iconoclasm Layout Maker abandoned for something new

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
The maker of Iconoclasm Layout Maker has abandoned it and rewritten something entirely new that combines both the tweak Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker into a new tweak called HomeScreenDesigner
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

Default Iconoclasm Layout Maker abandoned for something new
    The maker of Iconoclasm Layout Maker has abandoned it and rewritten something entirely new that combines both the tweak Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker into a new tweak called HomeScreenDesigner in the BigBoss repo. Though it remains to be see if your old Iconoslasm-only layouts will be importable into this new tweak. But I'm hopeful!!

It's A7 READY!!! Just downloaded it. SO MANY MORE OPTIONS!!! NO RESPRING necessary is kinda cool and a PLACEHOLDER feature which would eliminate the need for Gridlock.

Surprised Anthony doesn't have a NEWS thread about it yet..

Let's chat about our experience with it..

Will update this post with my first layout!

Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-05-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (01-05-2014), cerber24 (01-05-2014), ferlop15 (01-05-2014), King_O_Hill (01-05-2014), Marty McFly (01-05-2014), metaserph (01-06-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cerber24's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi how to hide labels icons ios 7:P?
    Last edited by cerber24; 01-05-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hmm see if it works...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerber24 View Post
    Hi how to hide labels iconns ios 7:P?
    With a tweak called "Bigify". That's one "free way". That tweak also changes icon sizes if you need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Hmm see if it works...
    It works! Check out my post 1 screenie, Mav? Very cool combination of Iconoclasm and Layout Maker into one tool.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

cerber24 (01-05-2014), Mav1971 (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,460 Times in 802 Posts

should have been taken the dock also though but works great

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heine For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-05-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,398 Times in 6,354 Posts

I had heard this was coming out. Thanks for the info!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 722 Posts

Not compatible with iOS 7.1.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to besanford For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by besnfrd View Post
    Not compatible with iOS 7.1.
    Neither is anything pretty much..

EDITED---
    NEW NEWS.. The Maker of Iconoclasm DID UPDATE it for iOS7 and A7.. I guess he was getting a lot of blow back for making a new tweak costing $2.99.. So Iconoclasm -original -- is updated.. But it shares a lot of same features. AND even the iOS7 version of Iconoclasm requires a respring for the layout to take effect.

Now what will be cool - is if our old Icono Layouts are importable to the HomeScreen Designer - so we don't have to redesign them!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-05-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Before I purchase this, I would like to know if icons are "locked-in" or once a layout is applied can you place anywhere? Basically, I miss Gridlock! I couldn't quite tell from the description and screenshots, but I could have always overlooked it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UtSulumSuusOwn View Post
    Before I purchase this, I would like to know if icons are "locked-in" or once a layout is applied can you place anywhere? Basically, I miss Gridlock! I couldn't quite tell from the description and screenshots, but I could have always overlooked it.
    Icons can move -- but only filling the lowest to highest numbered icon space- UNTIL GRIDLOCK is updated. Then after Gridlock is updated- you can leave spaces in the HomeScreenDesigner layout. So if you have a HomeScreen designer layout with 15 icon spaces - and you only have 14 icons on your Springboard.. The icons can be in ANY order you want - but they will fill the first 14 spaces and leave the 15th one blank. You can't have an icon in space 13, skip 14 and place one in 15. That won't come until Gridlock is out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Icons can move -- but only filling the lowest to highest numbered icon space- UNTIL GRIDLOCK is updated. Then after Gridlock is updated- you can leave spaces in the HomeScreenDesigner layout. So if you have a HomeScreen designer layout with 15 icon spaces - and you only have 14 icons on your Springboard.. The icons can be in ANY order you want - but they will fill the first 14 spaces and leave the 15th one blank. You can't have an icon in space 13, skip 14 and place one in 15. That won't come until Gridlock is out.
    That's what I figured

Thanks

That's what I figured
    But the time (usually long) that it takes after Iconoclasm or HomeScreenDesigner is out until Gridlock comes out -- all you do is design a layout that factors in the blank spaces you want. I do this after every jailbreak. Just DON'T place an icon in the designer window where you want the blank space. Easy. I almost don't need Gridlock anymore when I have Iconoclasm or HomeScreen Designer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

But the time (usually long) that it takes after Iconoclasm or HomeScreenDesigner is out until Gridlock comes out -- all you do is design a layout that factors in the blank spaces you want. I do this after every jailbreak. Just DON'T place an icon in the designer window where you want the blank space. Easy. I almost don't need Gridlock anymore when I have Iconoclasm or HomeScreen Designer.
    That's what was just going through my head. Gonna go ahead and see what happens. Thanks!

So, it totally jacks up/rearranges all of my apps and all I have done is install. This "normal"?
    Last edited by UtSulumSuusOwn; 01-05-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks

That's what was just going through my head. Gonna go ahead and see what happens. Thanks!

So, it totally jacks up/rearranges all of my apps and all I have done is install. This "normal"?
    The first time you load it - it moves all your icons to 5x5 position which is the only default layout in the layout folder. You have to design one to your liking now. When I first loaded it is took ONE icon off my dock and put it back on my Springboard. I use '5' on my dock - so all the new tweak was doing was restoring your dock to 4 icons. Infinidock works perfectly with HomeScreenDesigner. Just put back on your dock the amount of icons you want with Infinidock and it will be fine. The initial SCATTERING of icons is what happens the first time you run Iconoclasm in the past. Same thing is happening now with HomeScreenDesigner (HSD). But Infinidock and HSD are working just fine with each other on my 5S.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

This guy made layout maker but not iconoclasm
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

UtSulumSuusOwn (01-05-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The first time you load it - it moves all your icons to 5x5 position which is the only default layout in the layout folder. You have to design one to your liking now. When I first loaded it is took ONE icon off my dock and put it back on my Springboard. I use '5' on my dock - so all the new tweak was doing was restoring your dock to 4 icons. Infinidock works perfectly with HomeScreenDesigner. Just put back on your dock the amount of icons you want with Infinidock and it will be fine. The initial SCATTERING of icons is what happens the first time you run Iconoclasm in the past. Same thing is happening now with HomeScreenDesigner (HSD). But Infinidock and HSD are working just fine with each other on my 5S.
    Thanks!
    I fumbled with it and got it before your reply. It was just a bit frustrating was all.

Would've been nice for it retain what I already had until I forced a new layout. It pulled things out of folders and placed on the board, rearranged the order of my dock along with pulling items off it. Hopefully the Developer is watching and makes a few minor alterations for others.

So, as I already said, I fumbled around with this (on my iPad) and just uninstalled it from my phone, as it did the same folder unpacking again. I don't have time right now to play with it as I need to run some errands. Really annoying, so I'm gonna take some screenshots to remind me of where EVERYTHING currently is before installing this. My recommendation for anyone that has spent time placing items already!!!
    Last edited by UtSulumSuusOwn; 01-05-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    This guy made layout maker but not iconoclasm
    Thanks for the correction, Gunny. That explains why Iconoclasm got updated separately.. But HomeScreenDesigner actually does all that Icono does - even uses its engine.. and doesn't require a respring. I think I will like it better.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

No doubt was more just so you could update thread title as not to confuse people
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I downloaded homescreendesigner && I tried to find the icon for it but it doesn't show up ....I did everything reinstall it and it still doesn't show up .

Hi I downloaded homescreendesigner && I tried to find the icon for it but it doesn't show up ....I did everything reinstall it and it still doesn't show up .
    Last edited by Hedi360; 01-05-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    No doubt was more just so you could update thread title as not to confuse people
    Yes - good point, Gunny.. Very confusing. I redid whole opening post. Check it out.. See if better...

The old tweaks DID have the name Iconoclasm in it.. In Cydia it was called Iconoclasm Layout Maker. So in the title I just needed to remove the '&' ... see if it's better, please..

Quote Originally Posted by Hedi360 View Post
    Reboot.

LinkBacks (?)