+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After Jailbreak iPhone home background is grey...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I recently jailbroke my iPhone 5 running 7.0.4. Following the jailbreak I encountered no issues. However, when I installed Winterboard and Zeppelin, and then after the respring, the home screen
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default After Jailbreak iPhone home background is grey...
    I recently jailbroke my iPhone 5 running 7.0.4. Following the jailbreak I encountered no issues. However, when I installed Winterboard and Zeppelin, and then after the respring, the home screen background has remained grey. What's interesting though is the dock has some color to it as if there was a background. Also, when I open a folder it too looks like my background is there. Ive attached some photos to show what I am talking about.

After Jailbreak iPhone home background is grey...-photo.png

After Jailbreak iPhone home background is grey...-photo2.png

Any solutions to this problem would be great. Ive already tried uninstalling the tweaks listed above any nothing changed. I know in previous jailbreaks I messed around with some iFile directories trying to get custom backgrounds for certain themes that would not allow them via Winterboard. It was so long ago though that I have no idea what to do. Thanks in advance.

I did some more research and deleted the "cydia substrate" and "substrate safe mode", rebooted, and then reinstalled both. This seemed to fix the problem. I will now go through and download each tweak independently to find the source of the issue.
    Last edited by seaver; 01-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks

Winterboard needs to be updated for ios 7, be patient......should happen in a very near future

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It happened to me too and I fixed by enabling the SummerBoard mode in Winterboard settings. Try it, can't hurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having this same problem. Iphone 5 on 7.0.4. However I do not have winter board installed. Only zeppelin.

Thanks

This has been happening to me off and on today. No Winterboard... Noticed it happening after I installed biteSMS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

For me installing winter board , when I do the spotlight search, it crashes immediately into safe mode.
    I suggest start uninstalling one tweak at a time to find the issue