+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP siri is gone on jailbroke iphone5

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
okay here's the store its my fault, i jailbroke the phone with the 6.1.2 version of the jailbroke come out and siri has worked but wouldnt open apps or anything
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP siri is gone on jailbroke iphone5
    okay here's the store its my fault, i jailbroke the phone with the 6.1.2 version of the jailbroke come out and siri has worked but wouldnt open apps or anything she would do other things like find places for me but wouldnt launch apps at all like facebook

i did some research and downloaded ifile and deleted the things they told me to and it never worked so last night i got bored and got on cydia and downloaded siriport 6.1.2 and didnt realize it was for iphone 4 now siri doesnt work and i deleted it and it took siri away completely is there anyway possible to get siri back without restoring the phone?

if i have to restore how do i keep my jailbreak and contacts and pixs thanks

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,433 Times in 6,369 Posts

Just so you know, Siri does not open apps. There is a tweak that will let Siri open apps, but I can't remember the name of it.

With that said, never delete files like that. Always just rename them in case you find out that you need them later, you can then just name them back to the original.

If you restore, you will be forced to iOS 7.0.4 and loose your JB. If you have your contacts etc backed up in iCloud, then they will automatically download with any restore. If you don't use iCloud, then you should be connecting to a PC and backup that way.

With all that said, you can see if someone will send you the files that you have deleted. I think if you had the entire folder, you could swap it and you should be ok.

Hope this helps.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just so you know, Siri does not open apps. There is a tweak that will let Siri open apps, but I can't remember the name of it.

With that said, never delete files like that. Always just rename them in case you find out that you need them later, you can then just name them back to the original.

If you restore, you will be forced to iOS 7.0.4 and loose your JB. If you have your contacts etc backed up in iCloud, then they will automatically download with any restore. If you don't use iCloud, then you should be connecting to a PC and backup that way.

With all that said, you can see if someone will send you the files that you have deleted. I think if you had the entire folder, you could swap it and you should be ok.

Hope this helps.
    siri can open facebook it did for me before and i did the lexi restore that keeps the jb but it didnt help so i maybe forced to restore my phone