+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my iPhone FUBAR?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
The thing is, I have an iPhone 3G on my hands, that was originally running 4.2.1. I unlocked it with the 6.15 baseband, and later decided to downgrade it to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is my iPhone FUBAR?
    The thing is, I have an iPhone 3G on my hands, that was originally running 4.2.1. I unlocked it with the 6.15 baseband, and later decided to downgrade it to whichever was the last 5.x unlockable one. It's been quite long time since I've done anything with it. I don't remember what might I have done to it that I shouldn't, but somehow I managed to get it stuck in DFU mode. Almost every try flashing it with redsn0w results in "Can't upload iBSS" error, and IIRC, iTunes gives error 1015. I know this isn't a lot of info, but I'll provide more as soon as possible. Meanwhile, does anyone know what could I have done to it, and how could that be fixed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATOS::Productions View Post
    The thing is, I have an iPhone 3G on my hands, that was originally running 4.2.1. I unlocked it with the 6.15 baseband, and later decided to downgrade it to whichever was the last 5.x unlockable one. It's been quite long time since I've done anything with it. I don't remember what might I have done to it that I shouldn't, but somehow I managed to get it stuck in DFU mode. Almost every try flashing it with redsn0w results in "Can't upload iBSS" error, and IIRC, iTunes gives error 1015. I know this isn't a lot of info, but I'll provide more as soon as possible. Meanwhile, does anyone know what could I have done to it, and how could that be fixed?
    Some extra info: I was wrong about the stuck in DFU part. When I connected it today, it was in pwned DFU mode. When I tried flashing with a no-baseband 4.2.1 IPSW (flashing with iTunes), I got the error 3194. Afterwards, flashing with an IPSW with SHSH stitched, it gave an error 1015, and booted in recovery mode. Afterwards, I was unable to go into DFU mode, as it booted into recovery, no matter how many times I tried the DFU button combo. That's it for now, more info to come.