+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you help me save my iPhone? Or is it too late? :(

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Alright so I have a jailbroken iPhone4, and (can't remember precisely because it's been sitting in a box forever) I think I did a reset on it from the phone,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Can you help me save my iPhone? Or is it too late? :(
    Alright so I have a jailbroken iPhone4, and (can't remember precisely because it's been sitting in a box forever) I think I did a reset on it from the phone, and now when it starts up it just shows the black screen and apple logo. I put it in recovery mode and tried to restore to 6.1.3 via iTunes using Apple's stock IPSW, but got error 3194 (my hosts file doesn't show apple, so no idea why this even happened). Started up TinyUmbrella and started the server, tried to do the restore again and now iTunes just infinitely says "preparing iPhone for restore." Tried this several times, waited 30 mins, nothing. Also tried restoring to iOS7 from iTunes (without loading a custom IPSW), and got the same results. What the heck is going on guys - can I still save this iPhone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1ph0n3r View Post
    Alright so I have a jailbroken iPhone4, and (can't remember precisely because it's been sitting in a box forever) I think I did a reset on it from the phone, and now when it starts up it just shows the black screen and apple logo. I put it in recovery mode and tried to restore to 6.1.3 via iTunes using Apple's stock IPSW, but got error 3194 (my hosts file doesn't show apple, so no idea why this even happened). Started up TinyUmbrella and started the server, tried to do the restore again and now iTunes just infinitely says "preparing iPhone for restore." Tried this several times, waited 30 mins, nothing. Also tried restoring to iOS7 from iTunes (without loading a custom IPSW), and got the same results. What the heck is going on guys - can I still save this iPhone?
    Make sure your iTunes is up to date if you're going the iOS 7 route (which will impact your ability to do custom IPSW restores in the future, just be aware), enter DFU, and try again. If that doesn't do it, let the battery run all the way down (as in, not even the red battery logo appears, but totally drained), then try the DFU restore again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this happened to me yesterday & my iphone wouldnt switch on at all. I disconnected the battery & restored thru itunes.did the trick