Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help regarding un-jailbreaking

Default Help regarding un-jailbreaking
    Hello all! This is my first post here on the forums, so I am sorry if I screw something up .

I have been having trouble with my iPhone 4 lately.

For reference, here are the details of the device:

Current software: 6.1
    Carrier: T-Mobile (unlocked as well)

I'll add any other details if they are needed.

I haven't been using it for about a month now (as I got a new phone) but I took it out today so that I could restore it to its factory settings so that I can sell it. I've done quite a few jailbreaks before and have never had trouble jailbreaking then unjailbreaking devices, but none of the usual methods seem to be working here. Here's what I've done:

1. Tried plugging the iPhone into my PC so that I can restore it through iTunes. It should be noted that I am using the most updated iTunes version. The phone was recognized by my PC as a device, but it was not recognized in iTunes at all. I could browse the photos as usual from windows explorer, but I couldn't do much else.

2. After this didn't work, I tried doing the manual DFU mode option. I put the iPhone into recovery mode as per the usual method and I heard the series of dings from my PC indicating that it had been disconnected and then reconnected. After I put it into DFU mode I checked iTunes to see if the "this device is in DFU mode and must be restored" warning had come up, and nothing was there.

3. I got the phone out of DFU mode using this tutorial (http://modmyi.com/forums/jailbreakin...-dfu-mode.html) and tried the only other thing I could think of. I went into settings and tried hitting recover and seeing how that would work out. It seemed to be working, but after a little while I noticed it was just stuck on the spinning loading icon. It did this for about 10 minutes without anything changing.

I apologize for the lengthy post, I just wanted to make sure to be as thorough as possible. I could really use some assistance here, I am honestly at a loss. Thank you!

If you are able to turn it on, than install iLexRat from Cydia. It will wipe out all your data and save the JB. I guess plus point when selling .

As @bbrks said ( www.iLexRat.com ) would remove all tweaks, but won't reset to factory settings. I would suggest running that and then connecting it to iTunes.

After doing that attempt to re-connect with iTunes already being opened for a little bit.

Have you done the usual switch USB ports to try and find if that is the issue?

Let me know how it goes.