+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mount.sh Issues on iPhone 4 iOS 7

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I have had many issues trying to mount on my iphone 4 running ios 7.0.4 (CDMA), it keeps giving me the error: Code: mount.sh Could not mount system volume;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mount.sh Issues on iPhone 4 iOS 7
    Hello, I have had many issues trying to mount on my iphone 4 running ios 7.0.4 (CDMA), it keeps giving me the error:

Code:
    mount.sh 
    Could not mount system volume; retry later or file a bug.
    I have tried repairing the /dev/disk0s1s1 directory but then it gives me an error telling me that there is no such directory. I really don't know what to do here as I am just trying to gain root access to my iphone, it's been doing this since ios 6. Help would be appreciated on what I am doing wrong.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 466 Posts

Was just going to post the same topic, I've been trying this since 7.0.2 and it's persisted on my device despite upgrading to 7.0.3 and restoring completely to 7.0.4

When I tried this to start off with I was using opensn0w and the jailbreak exploit works fine, but since the tool doesn't seem to allow ramdisk loading the ssh-rd tool is the only thing you can use to get ssh access - and it seems to be the problem on a few devices

I thought it was due to it fetching ramdisk info for iOS 5.1.1 on my device, so I tried building a custom ramdisk and uploading with opensn0w but had no success, I don't think the functionality got implemented for iOS 7 at the time I tried at least

Anyway today I got told to try out this RageBreak, which is just an automated tool that throws together all these buggy and temperamental methods for jailbreaking and so had the same issue with it; I just think we'll have to wait until someone comes up with a better program as much as I'd love to start development on iOS 7 we'll just have to be patient

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Was just going to post the same topic, I've been trying this since 7.0.2 and it's persisted on my device despite upgrading to 7.0.3 and restoring completely to 7.0.4

When I tried this to start off with I was using opensn0w and the jailbreak exploit works fine, but since the tool doesn't seem to allow ramdisk loading the ssh-rd tool is the only thing you can use to get ssh access - and it seems to be the problem on a few devices

I thought it was due to it fetching ramdisk info for iOS 5.1.1 on my device, so I tried building a custom ramdisk and uploading with opensn0w but had no success, I don't think the functionality got implemented for iOS 7 at the time I tried at least

Anyway today I got told to try out this RageBreak, which is just an automated tool that throws together all these buggy and temperamental methods for jailbreaking and so had the same issue with it; I just think we'll have to wait until someone comes up with a better program as much as I'd love to start development on iOS 7 we'll just have to be patient
    Well has this issue been occurring to you on iOS 6 as well?

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 466 Posts

No the evaders jailbreak worked fine on iOS 6

LinkBacks (?)