Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5S with 7.04. Any News

Default 5S with 7.04. Any News
    New to this forum, but I don't see any discussions about 7.04.

Is there a JB for 7.04 yet? I see the Evasi0n website claims theirs does, along with a couple others, but no one will respond to my question as to whether it's legit, from them.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

There is nothing legit out there yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    11/26/2013
    Nothing but the same rehash ******** !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I see someone has started a reward pool of $ donations to be given to the first legit untethered jailbreak of iOS 7.0.4 to be published for free. I guess the author is keeping a 5% fee for the idea or something. Some are squaking that this ruins the joy of JB and turns it into a good old USA competition rather than a comie when it's done it's done, ******** thing ? I hope something good comes from it like a kick in the *** of those who are holding a JB for iPhone 5s.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,011 Times in 6,549 Posts

First, there is a JB for 7.0.4, if you have an iPhone 4.

Nobody is holding back a JB either. Of course the current devs are using one, but trust me, you would not want it. The hardest part is making it work for everyone and with all devices. Besides 7.1 is not out yet. There won't be anything until it is released, so hang tight, when its ready, they will have the news here.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    K o H,
    This is a 5s thread and I do see your point about 7.1 due.
    Not every JB works for every device or every iOS.
    My iP 5 is JB with 6.1 but my iP 5s has been laying here looking for the JB that we want. The way it's been going will get thIs JB just before iP 6 drops from the Apple Tree. You seem to have inside knowledge that "Dev. Beta JB" has issues. Like what? You didn't seem to think about a reply to the "contest" and if it may speed things along. Thank you for your input.

i agree and motivates you to do it.operatring system of android cant be run in iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abner233 View Post
    i agree and motivates you to do it.operatring system of android cant be run in iphone
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Sorry could you explain ?

The best way to get your device on ios7 jailbroken is to do it yourself. The jailbreak community that we have become dependent on is in no hurry to release the fully functional jailbreak that they are sitting on due to fear of tipping their hand with regard to the exploits they are using to Apple. Fortunately for us the jailbreak concept is not a big, well guarded secret, making it more or less open source. All I had to do was take apart and examine a couple of the GUIs used in the past, and some current ones, put a little effort into working the known exploits, and study the code and how its applied. I now have have a jailbroken iPhone 5s. Granted its tethered, and I do have a few issues with SHSH and mobile substrate stability from time to time, but it does work and allows me to use MiWi, which is my prime reason for jail breaking anyway. Good luck waiting for the fine group of youngsters to release an easy fix to iOS 7. Your going to need a lot of patience because it won't be anytime soon.

Better off working on a solution yourself if you have the ability.

P.S. Thanks to winocm for opensn0w. It provided a huge amount of insight to allow me to make the progress I have.
    Last edited by SOSDD; 12-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,011 Times in 6,549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joepa View Post
    K o H,
    This is a 5s thread and I do see your point about 7.1 due.
    Not every JB works for every device or every iOS.
    My iP 5 is JB with 6.1 but my iP 5s has been laying here looking for the JB that we want. The way it's been going will get thIs JB just before iP 6 drops from the Apple Tree. You seem to have inside knowledge that "Dev. Beta JB" has issues. Like what? You didn't seem to think about a reply to the "contest" and if it may speed things along. Thank you for your input.
    Dr Joe

My opinion on the contest is that it will actually undermine what the JB community has been waiting for. Having a contest such as this only leads to an even less of an open source platform and sharing will become a thing of the past. Creating a public JB is far different from what SOSDD has done above. I have tethered JB's for iOS 7 and it does suck to have to rely upon being near a computer to be able to reboot.

So simply, I am against the reward system. Saurik had a nice conversation about this on Reddit. Now we don't always see eye to eye on some issues, but I agree with his thoughts on this too.

I'm also a little skeptical about SOSDD's JB, as he provides no proof to his accomplishments. Someone that knows code as well as this surely doesn't need to JB to avoid hotspot charges. It just doesn't add up.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bbrks (12-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    I now have have a jailbroken iPhone 5s. Granted its tethered, and I do have a few issues with SHSH and mobile substrate stability from time to time, but it does work and allows me to use MiWi, which is my prime reason for jail breaking anyway.
    Uh. In the words of the late Marcello Truzzi, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Let's start with a video of a root shell on the iPhone 5s, running the following commands along with their output:
    Code:
    # date
    # uname -a
    # sha1sum /Applications/Mobile*/Mobile*
    # sha1sum /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache
    # ioreg -p IODeviceTree -n clcd@A100000 -r | head -25
    # reboot
    showing the device rebooting after running the last command.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

bbrks (12-18-2013)

Taking the negative opinion. It's never going to happen. Jail break is fixed by apple and you will never see it again. As proof I present APPLE TV 3 platform. The older version 2 was jailbroken. But the new version 3 never was and never could be because of the platform processor (which is still just software and hardware). Thinking ios7 finally fixed the jailbreak and apple can now certainly sell the iPhone 5 to businesses who were worried about having iPhones hacked. Not happening.

But on the plus side apple did add many features from the jailbreak world that would never have existed without the jailbreak community. So that's good.
    Last edited by offroad1994; 12-18-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,287 Times in 7,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Taking the negative opinion. It's never going to happen. Jail break is fixed by apple and you will never see it again. As proof I present APPLE TV 3 platform. The older version 2 was jailbroken. But the new version 3 never was and never could be because of the platform processor (which is still just software and hardware). Thinking ios7 finally fixed the jailbreak and apple can now certainly sell the iPhone 5 to businesses who were worried about having iPhones hacked. Not happening.

But on the plus side apple did add many features from the jailbreak world that would never have existed without the jailbreak community. So that's good.
    Apple TV 3 isn't really a good example. Just not enough demand and interest in that for the devs to put much time into researching a jailbreak for that device.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Apple TV 3 isn't really a good example. Just not enough demand and interest in that for the devs to put much time into researching a jailbreak for that device.
    Agreed. But it is still headed the way Offroad is claiming. Jailbreaking is getting harder and harder and taking longer and longer for a reason. Though I agree there will always be exploits in code - we could reach a practicality threshold where we only have a jailbreak for 4 months of the year..before a new phone comes out. People would just jump ship to Android. JavaScript based widgets and theming happens in that platform too. With a little re-learning.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,287 Times in 7,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Agreed. But it is still headed the way Offroad is claiming. Jailbreaking is getting harder and harder and taking longer and longer for a reason. Though I agree there will always be exploits in code - we could reach a practicality threshold where we only have a jailbreak for 4 months of the year..before a new phone comes out. People would just jump ship to Android. JavaScript based widgets and theming happens in that platform too. With a little re-learning.
    Been headed that way for a while now. I don't think jailbreaking will end with iOS7 though.

I heard there is a jailbreak for iOS 7.0.4. is it legit or not?

link from here http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/12/d...jailbreak.html

and here http://evasi0n.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    Only eavsi0n.com is legit.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    I heard there is a jailbreak for iOS 7.0.4. is it legit or not?

link from here http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/12/d...jailbreak.html

and here http://evasi0n.com/
    Like destiny said yes it's legit

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-22-2013)