+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 312 firmware 615 baseband with no wifi or gps

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a iphone 3g with 312 firmware and 615 baseband. after it was jailbroke i had to install tether me to get cellular data network to be able to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g 312 firmware 615 baseband with no wifi or gps
    I have a iphone 3g with 312 firmware and 615 baseband. after it was jailbroke i had to install tether me to get cellular data network to be able to send pics. now i dont have wifi or gps... any suggestions to fix this

Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freak1965 View Post
    I have a iphone 3g with 312 firmware and 615 baseband. after it was jailbroke i had to install tether me to get cellular data network to be able to send pics. now i dont have wifi or gps... any suggestions to fix this

Thanks...
    Fire up redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for OS X or Windows and run Jailbreak -> Downgrade iPad baseband (with no other checkboxes enabled). The device will hopefully return with the 05.13.04 baseband, which can be unlocked via ultrasn0w with the additional benefits of regaining GPS. You may have to complete the entire downgrade process twice for the new baseband to work correctly. I cannot stress this enough: be patient during the downgrading process.

However, the loss of Wi-Fi is alarming. GPS loss on the 06.15.00 baseband is very common, but the loss of Wi-Fi is not. If the Wi-Fi does not return with downgrading (twice if need be), you may have a faulty baseband chip. There isn't a very good way to fix a bad baseband chip--it's usually either replace the whole logic board or just get a new phone. For a phone with that... ah, decorated of a service record... a new device may make sense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Fire up redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for OS X or Windows and run Jailbreak -> Downgrade iPad baseband (with no other checkboxes enabled). The device will hopefully return with the 05.13.04 baseband, which can be unlocked via ultrasn0w with the additional benefits of regaining GPS. You may have to complete the entire downgrade process twice for the new baseband to work correctly. I cannot stress this enough: be patient during the downgrading process.

However, the loss of Wi-Fi is alarming. GPS loss on the 06.15.00 baseband is very common, but the loss of Wi-Fi is not. If the Wi-Fi does not return with downgrading (twice if need be), you may have a faulty baseband chip. There isn't a very good way to fix a bad baseband chip--it's usually either replace the whole logic board or just get a new phone. For a phone with that... ah, decorated of a service record... a new device may make sense.
    thanks for the help... when i try to get in to dfu mode it tells me usb communication problem.

Thanks

thanks for the help... when i try to get in to dfu mode it tells me usb communication problem.
    Hrmm. Got a different computer and USB sync cord handy? If possible, use a USB port that is directly affixed to the host computer (for a desktop, use a USB port on the rear of the chassis; for a laptop, try one that's on the sides or rear of the machine).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I gave up on that phone and got a used IPhone 4 . However it has a issue and i cant boot it. I thought it just needed a battery. the girl who I got it from bought it new ATT.. she drooped it n broke the back glass around the battery area.. . when you plug it in the apple logo would just fade in n out n i could get it in dfu mode where the tunes logo would show with the plug under it' when i try to hook up to i tune it says it has detected a phone in recovery mode. n needs to be restored. when i click on to restore it goes through the presses at the end it sails id couldn't b restored, and has error code 21... i made sure i had the newest itunes and updated everytghing and it keeps doing the same thing..
    Did i get rid of 1 phone whit problems for another i with bigger problems..I read a couple of posts saying what to do to restore it . I figured i would check with you for any suggestions..
    I really appreciato your time and help...
    Kenny

Thanks

I gave up on that phone and got a used IPhone 4 . However it has a issue and i cant boot it. I thought it just needed a battery. the girl who I got it from bought it new ATT.. she drooped it n broke the back glass around the battery area.. . when you plug it in the apple logo would just fade in n out n i could get it in dfu mode where the tunes logo would show with the plug under it' when i try to hook up to i tune it says it has detected a phone in recovery mode. n needs to be restored. when i click on to restore it goes through the presses at the end it sails id couldn't b restored, and has error code 21... i made sure i had the newest itunes and updated everytghing and it keeps doing the same thing..
    Did i get rid of 1 phone whit problems for another i with bigger problems..I read a couple of posts saying what to do to restore it . I figured i would check with you for any suggestions..
    I really appreciato your time and help...
    Kenny
    21 could be a hardware issue (with a shattered-back phone, it's possible that the internals may be damaged as well), or it could be from using Cydia's server for SHSH blobs. Make sure you're restoring to the current firmware version and that your hosts file has no entries in it for "gs.apple.com".