Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-22-2013, 01:39 AM #1Need help upgrading iOS 4.0.1 iPhone 4!
I've gotten tired of not being able to download new apps (as they require iOS 5+), so recently I've been trying to update my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.1). I have SHSH blobs up to iOS 5.1.1b (particularly 5.0.1, 5.1.1, and 5.1.1b), and I've tried stitching them to clean .ispw's with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze but to no avail. My process so far has been:
1. Retrieve SHSH with TinyUmbrella
2. Stitch SHSH's to respective clean .ispw's
3. With the assistance of redsn0w, put iPhone in Pwned DFU mode
4. Remove gs.apple.com from both host and host.umbrella files
5. Start TSS server on TinyUmbrella (otherwise, I get error 11 or 3194)
6. Shift+click restore with iTunes 11.0.5
7. Then after going a bit further than normal (with TinyUmbrella), I get error 4014.
What am I doing wrong? Or rather what can I do to upgrade to iOS 5+ (jailbroken)?
11-22-2013, 04:59 PM #2
Error 4014? That's a new one. I've heard of 3014, but not 4014...
If you've stitched the firmware with redsn0w, you won't need TinyUmbrella's TSS Server running--iTunes should just use what's been stitched. The only two things I can think of are either your SHSH blobs are somehow corrupt (quite unusual for iOS 5.x firmwares if you're using the same device), or you're using the wrong version of iOS 5.1.1 (the build you want is 9B208, not 9B206).
11-23-2013, 04:21 PM #3
I have two blobs:
2226236958092-iphone3,1-5.1.1 and 2226236958092-iphone3,1-5.1.1b
Which one would I stitch to the 9B208 build?
EDIT: So it turns out that I stitched the blobs to the correct firmwares (as redsn0w only stitches if it's the 5.1.1b blob to the 9B208 build). iTunes returns a 3194 error when I try shift+click restoring.
Last edited by voxelation; 11-23-2013 at 05:59 PM.
11-23-2013, 11:44 PM #4