Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s jailbroken, cannot restore or update

Default Iphone 4s jailbroken, cannot restore or update
    Hello,

I have an iphone 4s for sprint that I purchase as soon as it came out. Currently the iphone is on 5.0.1 and has been since I first received it. I used the very first jailbreak that was available for the iphone, cant remember what it was called. I believe it was absynthe? but im not 100% sure.

Anyways, I have been extremely lazy of the 2 years and havent updated at all and just used the phone as is since the original jailbreak and never updated. I am trying to give the phone my other family members as I have upgraded, and they are Tmobile. The chip that I purchased to be able to use the 4s on Tmobile only works on 6.0.1-6.1.3. So I figured it would be a simple unjailbreak and then updating to 6.1.3.

Well this is where we ran into just about every problem possible. Itunes gets the error 3194 even if we delete the host for gs.apple.com when we try to restore to 5.0.1 or 6.1.3. We then used Tinyumbrella to go around this issue. at which point we will either run into a 2005 error or a 1600 error no matter what we do.

If anyone has any help would be much appreciated. basically have been reading everything I can get my hands on online to try and fix this, and none of the fixes works.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

4s cannot upgrade to 6.0 you will have to go to 7.0 sorry for the bad news.

If this is the case can you downgrade to 6 after upgrading?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can't downgrade the 4s sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If it was just a 4, then you could, but alas the different processor in the 4S does not allow... I ran into this problem. Finally gave in and went to 7.... DON'T DO IT!!
    - Dai

Oh Apple, how I loath thee. Why do I still use your products???