+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP UPGRADING iPhone 4 PLEASE!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi there, I have an iphone 4 GSM, factory unlocked. Its running ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak right now. Can i upgrade to 6.1.2 and jailbreak? I tired to use itunes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy HELP UPGRADING iPhone 4 PLEASE!
    Hi there, I have an iphone 4 GSM, factory unlocked. Its running ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak right now. Can i upgrade to 6.1.2 and jailbreak? I tired to use itunes with TU, but it gives me error 4000. It used to give me error 3194, but using TU it doesn't, it gives me error 4000 instead. I am reading threads about SHSH blobs and stuff, but don't fully understand.

Can someone tell me the steps to take if its possible for me to upgrade and jailbreak?

Thanks

Does TinyUmbrella report iOS 6.1.2 SHSH blobs (hit the "Check SHSH" button) on file for your device? However, I have to warn you: unless you saved these blobs manually with a program like redsn0w or iFaith, the ones Cydia may have saved on your behalf probably won't work (and if you don't have the blobs saved, then you're out of luck as well).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm no I wouldn't have saved them, I didn't know about all that sadly TU shows I have up to 6.0.1 saved, but when I try to upgrade to even that it still won't. I get weird errors. Like 4000 or 4014 on iTunes. Is there anything I can do?
    I guess in the future I have to save them now that I know. Problem is if i upgrade to 7.0.3, I wont have a jailbreak for a long time. Would that be my only option?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,915 Times in 6,519 Posts

Yes, that is your only option at this point. Sorry.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, here is a similar post you might like to read. If your iOS6.0.1 blobs check out as being valid, then use iFaith to stitch your blobs to a 6.0.1 ipsw. This custom ispw can then be used to do a shift restore with iTunes. (Do not use TinyUmbrella during restore) Use iReb to put you iPhone into Pwned DFU mode first and make sure your iTunes is version 11.0.x and not 11.1.x
    Good luck.

[Restore Problem] Cydia gone, cant resore anymore
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 11-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I can try this. I verified the .shsh blobs with redsnow. When I press verify 6.0.1, it says all six blobs verified, apticket is present and valid. But when I try to submit cydia, it says 1 or more blobs rejected. Does it mean its not valid? I will follow your steps, but do you mean iTunes 10.0 or 11.0?
    Last edited by krissy345; 11-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krissy345 View Post
    Ok, I can try this. I verified the .shsh blobs with redsnow. When I press verify 6.0.1, it says all six blobs verified, apticket is present and valid. But when I try to submit cydia, it says 1 or more blobs rejected. Does it mean its not valid? I will follow your steps, but do you mean iTunes 10.0 or 11.0?
    Oops, I mean iTunes 11.0.x
    Will correct my previous post, thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krissy345 View Post
    Yeah... I'm not liking the chances of those blobs you're trying to verify-then-submit being valid and usable, sorry. I can say from personal experience that redsn0w's Verify... algorithm is at least partially incorrect and gives a fair amount of false positives.

Thanks

Hi, not too sure, but did you check to see if Cydia has any iOS6 blobs saved?
    Start iFaith
    Show Available SHSH Caches on Server
    Plug your iPhone in
    Show list of available SHSH blobs on TSS server
    Download iOS6.x blobs if there.