Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to remove data before reselling jailbroken iPhone.

Default Best way to remove data before reselling jailbroken iPhone.
    I'm currently on a jailbroken iPhone 4 (6.0.2) and as my contract is up, I'm looking to upgrade. I'd like to sell my soon-to-be old phone, but I'm not sure the best way to make sure all of my identity is erased without losing the jailbreak. Manually deleting apps and disassociating my Apple ID is an obvious component of a solution, but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas as to a more complete, easy, and safe way.

iLex Rat, simple and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    iLex Rat, simple and fast.
    Awesome. Exactly what I needed. But how about for non-JB stuff? Apps, photos, login data, etc.?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samyouare View Post
    Awesome. Exactly what I needed. But how about for non-JB stuff? Apps, photos, login data, etc.?
    The RAT program is designed to erase all that data as well. All that should be left after the "nuclear winter" option is Cydia and OpenSSH.

Well, if you got the right hardware/software, you can erase just about anything from any computer/device. The only surefire way to prevent such is to toss your phone into a blast furnace. However, the right equipment to delete data from phone is not so easy, and generally not available to most users.
    If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
    Once you do that it will put the phone into setup mode and everything will be delete from the phone and they won't be able to get your information back.

Be careful on doing an Erase all content and settings. If performed on a jailbroken unit, you would break the jailbreak and would have to do a complete restore.

Since it's an iPhone 4, you can save the SHSH with iFaith and make a custom firmware to restore with. This would, theoretically, wipe the unit clean and put it back in original state. Good luck

iLex Rat is what I suggest.