Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade my jailbroken Verizon iphone 4

Question Upgrade my jailbroken Verizon iphone 4
    Hello,

I hope someone can help me out. I have a Verizon iPhone 4 Version 5.0.1 (9A405) Modem Firmware 3.0.03. I only use this phone as an iPod, for apps and web but its not activated for phone service. This iPhone was jail broken a while ago and the iPod is having issues. When I add music, I can see the Artist and Albums correctly in iTunes but not on the iPhone. On the iPhone, I have to search for the song to find them. Additionally I've noticed music I add to the iPhone grayed out in iTunes.

I think I just may an outdated or unstable jailbreak version. I would like to wipe it and re-do it. How do I bring it to the most up-to-date and stable firmware and version that can be jail broken and re-jail break if necessary?

Thank you kindly in advance!!!

First, do you have any blobs saved for other firmwares?

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    First, do you have any blobs saved for other firmwares?
    N, but can you tell me where I can download at least 5.0? I notice there is a step by step guide but I'd at least need 5.0. I want to upgrade to the most stable version out.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

You can extract your 5.0.1 SHSH from the device itself with iFaith or redsnow and then make a custom stitched 5.0.1 with those SHSH and restore to that. Without any other SHSH the only other firmware you could go to would be 7.0.2.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You can extract your 5.0.1 SHSH from the device itself with iFaith or redsnow and then make a custom stitched 5.0.1 with those SHSH and restore to that. Without any other SHSH the only other firmware you could go to would be 7.0.2.
    Where can I find instructions on how to do that (make a custom stitched 5.0.1)?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-18-2013)